Guest JacquiHH

Desperately need some advice!!

    Recommended Posts

    Guest JacquiHH

    This is a bit of a long story but I will try and be as brief as possible!

     

    We had a migration agent in place whilst applying for our 475 visa. We then found out we were pregnant with our 5th child (yes we are mad!!). Our agent told us that we would categorically not get our visa until the baby was born as they would place it on hold. This was actually the opposite of what a lot of other people had told us. After being assigned a case officer and a month had gone by we asked our agent to contact Australia to just make them aware that we were pregnant and to try and hurry things along. We didn't want our visa to be granted so near the baby coming and then have to make a difficult decision about when to go etc. Our agent refused to contact Australia pointing out that there wasn't any point in chasing as they would just put it on hold! At this stage we decided to sack the agent and go it alone. It took another 3 weeks before their contact details were taken off our application!

     

    That was 2 months ago and after chasing our case officer, who was incredibly helpful, we have now been granted our visa!!! Therefore we are in exactly the position that we were trying to avoid!!

     

    I am now 31 weeks pregnant so my deliberation is do we go in a month (approximate time to actually organise everything!!) or wait until we have gone through another whole application for the new born baby (this costs £1000) and means we probably wouldn't get out there until Feb/March next year!

     

    It has taken all the joy out of receiving our visa and we can't seem to make a decision and stick to it!!!!

     

    :arghh:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    What a difficult decision!! It may not even be feasible to go. What are the long haul restricitons for flying? I'm sure you'll need a Doctors note if nothing else. We are leaving in 8 weeks and already the stress is overwhelming (altough being impatient - if I was you, I'd try to get to Aus instead of waiting...)

     

    Best of luck and blessings upon you all!

     

    Liz

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest Lolatracey

    Goodness! I think each airline is diff but generally you can't fly past 36wks, some it's 32wks and you are not covered by travel insurance. You have prob done it before but it's not an easy flight especially with children. Do you have to be in SA to start a job? Can you not wait till March? Good luck.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest Libby1971

    Contact immigration.

     

    I think you can phone Australia house but def phone immigration. You might be able to extend the period of time that you before validating your visa. I don't think immigration would have delayed processing your visa so I'm with your agent on that one.

     

    I am curious as to why you would have to spend so much to add the baby to the visa. Here, you just go to immig offices with the birth certificate and the baby gets added to the visa at no extra cost.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest guest3462

    Hi, If youcan get the ok to fly from your Dr and your airline is happy, and you are happy to travel with your (large) entourage, then I would be very sorely tempted to travel and have your baby here. Nightmare at the time, but then you will be here and have time to settle down.

    Only my opinion so please don't bite me folks!!!!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest Kazzarazza

    Ooh what a hard decision to make. If you feel up to flying now then you need to weigh that up against flying with a 5 month old baby. The other consideration, if it really does cost that much to add a baby to your visa in the UK, is if your baby is born here, he will automatically be an Aussie.

     

    Good luck with you decision, Kazza

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest guest569
    Ooh what a hard decision to make. If you feel up to flying now then you need to weigh that up against flying with a 5 month old baby. The other consideration, if it really does cost that much to add a baby to your visa in the UK, is if your baby is born here, he will automatically be an Aussie.

     

    Good luck with you decision, Kazza

     

     

    And you would be entitled to the $5000 baby bonus.

    I would book your tickets and get out here before your cut off dates.;)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest soggy
    And you would be entitled to the $5000 baby bonus.

    I would book your tickets and get out here before your cut off dates.;)

     

    not on a 475 visa I think ?:sad:

    Simon

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest Here at last!

    If you had the baby here would you have to pay for the medical treatment etc.

     

    Plus baby things are much more expensive here, although with it being your 5th child I'm sure you have everything already but would your stuff arrive before the baby?

     

    Good luck

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now