Any Info Please

Guest SI&DEE

Guest SI&DEE

1st of all HI to everyone...

We are just starting this process and are awaiting the TRA, so fingers crossed. My wife is a hairdresser and has been qualified for many years, she has loads of work experience in salons, and managing. Does anyone know if there is a great need for hairdressers and what the money is like.

In the Uk, hairdressing is not looked at as being well paid, but in Oz its on the list for skilled / trades, so all being well we can get in that way, as long as the money is good....ish.

Im currently a serving police Officer, and have looked into to transfering but unsure if i really want to continue any more with that job. Will it be hard to find a job as a ex plod, who has no trade or relevent qualifications for most of the job's ive seen..

Any help appreciated

Si (29)

Dee (33)

Kids 13, 10, 2 and a bit

Hi & Welcome to PIA

Hairdressing is likely to be a skill in demand (MODL) do you plan to use an agent or not? We did & they are very helpful, unfortunately they do cost quite a lot.

Worth ringing a couple or emailing them. Go Matilda comes recommended, we used Overseas Emigration, no problem but had 1 or 2 silly errors on their part, overall I would recommend them.

Good luck

Angela

Guest SI&DEE

Thanks for reply, not long for you guy's now. We are using a agent by the name of Visa Go, it was recomended by Aussie Move. We are looking forward to thought of a new life, but Im (si) worried that once there neither of us will find a job with enough money. But i suppose most of us on here are in the same boat unless job is set up before you go.. We are tring to find out how much salarys are over there but they are all Hush Hush and dont show wage..

Si Dee and Gang

Guest Aussiebound
Thanks for reply, not long for you guy's now. We are using a agent by the name of Visa Go, it was recomended by Aussie Move. We are looking forward to thought of a new life, but Im (si) worried that once there neither of us will find a job with enough money. But i suppose most of us on here are in the same boat unless job is set up before you go.. We are tring to find out how much salarys are over there but they are all Hush Hush and dont show wage..

Si Dee and Gang

We have found the same with the salaries, even got our friend to send us some papers over from Adelaide but hardly any had wages in. So so secretive! I rang a few companies and asked them the salaries, the people I spoke to where all friendly and very helpful.

Guest dglamoore

Bit of a standing joke here that aussie hairdressers are dire :eek: You could always go mobile - I know loads of expats that moan they cannot find a decent hairdresser over here ;)

Good luck with everything!

Lisa:cool:

Guest Django

Hi Si,

We are going over on my other 'arfs work (nurse). I will have to do something but like you I don't have any immeadiate recognised skill. I will find something though even if I have to start my own company.

How about transferring over there until you find your vocation in life? We have young children so I will be the one staying at home with them and working as and when around Tracey's shifts.

Where the is a will there is a way. ;)

Pete

Guest happy-jools

Hi Si & Dee

I think a lot of us are in the same or similar positions to yourselves.

My Hubby is a metal Polisher and the need for them over in Adelaide doesnt seem that much. However, were both of the mind that we will get something that we will work around each other (hopefully to look after the kids).

Rather try it than get 10 years down the line wishing we had tried it.;)

Good Luck. And your at the right place as many of us feeling the same.:eek:

Guest SI&DEE

May i say thankyou to your reply's it has made us feel 100% better, about the whole scenario, around work. i would quite enjoy going out and just waiting for a job, or working around Dee as she will be the one getting us into the country... all being well...

Thanks again

Si Dee and gang