Working Holiday Visa

taffordbark

We have a family friend who is here on the Working Holiday Visa.....and in order to apply for the second year on this visa he has to work for 88 days in total in a specified field or industry.

Categories include.....

plant and animal cultivation

tree farming and felling

mining

construction..............the jobs can be either paid or voluntary!

..............Any tips, suggestions or contacts?

Any advice would be great....

:cute:

Guest Jo&Phil

I wonder if grape picking counts as 'plant cultivation'? It will soon be vintage in most of the wine areas and there are often opportunities to assist with vintage for students/back packers and those on working holiday visas. I'm told it's quite hard work but good fun! There are agencies that source staff for this .......google 'wine jobs' and I'm sure something will come up. I know there is one in McLaren Vale but can't remember the name.

Good luck

We have a family friend who is here on the Working Holiday Visa.....and in order to apply for the second year on this visa he has to work for 88 days in total in a specified field or industry.

Categories include.....

plant and animal cultivation

tree farming and felling

mining

construction..............the jobs can be either paid or voluntary!

..............Any tips, suggestions or contacts?

Any advice would be great....

:cute:

My Brother is in his second year on his WHV.

He found out that Abattoir work was on the list and so got a job at the Lobethal Abattoir.

It's not easy work, he had to start at 6am and worked in the cold store. Luckily for him it did not involve anything to sceamish as he was in the packing room.

Some aren't so lucky, they might have to work in the sausage room or the boning room even!! lol

Anyway, tell him to contact them, they have a lot of WHV staff who do it for the extension.

Andy

• 1 month later...
Guest tinkham_lee

im here on a working holiday visa,

Grape harvesting is on the specified list, Madec employment in mclaren vale.

if he gets a full time job in the specified trade, he only needs to do 3 months, not 88 days. so if the company only work 4 day week but is classed as full time after 3 months he will be elegiable. (does that make sense)

Im about to apply for my second WHV after working as a labourer for a land development busisness for 4 months, and working on a vineyard as a general hand part time, im currently picking grapes for pridham viticulture in mclaren vale.