help for my hubby

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

Hi any help much appreciated.

My hubby has been aplying for jobs for 6 months now with just one interview and has heard barely anything back.

He's got two australian references, has changed his CV, is registered with some agencies (they've given him a few weeks worth of work), but alas still doesn't have any permanent work. He's cold canvassed places and rang places after handing his CV out.

We don't know any further things he could do/try.

He worked in Engloand as a supervisor for DHL/Argos etc, for many years, has a solid work history EXCEPT RECENT UNEMPLOYMENT, and any suggestions greatly appreciated. WE ALSO HAVE RESIDENCY.:unsure::unsure::arghh:

Guest moonraker1959

Hi,is your husband willing to do anything?Maybe travel abit further to get work?Are you working?The reason I ask is if you are commited to staying put for your job then fair enough.If not I would consider moving to another place?I look on the main job centre pages from time to time and I would be moving to where there is work if it were me.Yes get the job first of course then figure out where you are going to live afterwards.Hopefully something will turn up soon for him.

Guest Teresa01
Hi any help much appreciated.

My hubby has been aplying for jobs for 6 months now with just one interview and has heard barely anything back.

He's got two australian references, has changed his CV, is registered with some agencies (they've given him a few weeks worth of work), but alas still doesn't have any permanent work. He's cold canvassed places and rang places after handing his CV out.

We don't know any further things he could do/try.

He worked in Engloand as a supervisor for DHL/Argos etc, for many years, has a solid work history EXCEPT RECENT UNEMPLOYMENT, and any suggestions greatly appreciated. WE ALSO HAVE RESIDENCY.:unsure::unsure::arghh:

I understand exactly how frustrating it can be, my husband has been job hunting for a few moths and was getting nowhere. So after talking to a few people we tried a different approach. The jobs he had applied for and heard nothing, he phoned them back or popped in (smartly dressed) was warm and friendly and bingo, two interviews straight after and one job offer. I think written applications dont mean that much here, they prefer face to face contact, they also seem to value a person pushing themselves forward.

Best of luck, I am sure that he will get a breakthrough really soon!

Teresa:)

Guest kangomik

I think Teresa is right, you have to chase it up here, it's harder for them to say no to your face.

Have you tried coles distribution center at Edinburgh park.

IGA have one near the beach west north west of the city.

There are a few cold store places dotted around.

I know things are tough at the moment, fingers crossed for you.