house building industry

Guest starduster

Hi. Can anyone advise what the house building industry is currently like in Adelaide and who are the main developers.

thanks.

There is plenty of work but you will find it's about who you know rather than what you know and it takes a while to get your name around, but once you do you should be as busy as you want to be.

kevin

Guest starduster
there are loads of new estates going up all over north and south and there are loads of builders. hickinbothams+statesman, avjennings,fairmont,stirling,weaks&macklin,oakford,format, and many more.

hth

kathx

Kath, Thanks for that. We're in Adelaide for May re our visa entry date, but need to return to the UK as our house hasn't sold yet. Planning to make it a bit of a working holiday getting to know places, where developments are etc. Probably like yourself, we've spent hours and hours on the net looking at suburbs, schools, jobs etc, so I think coming over for a holiday should be beneficial, but costly!

thanks again. Grant

Guest starduster
There is plenty of work but you will find it's about who you know rather than what you know and it takes a while to get your name around, but once you do you should be as busy as you want to be.

kevin

Kevin. Thanks for those encouraging words. My family, like many, took the full brunt of the recession here in the UK so its good to see light at the end of the tunnel. In the past 18 mths I've had a few jobs; worked in a Tesco warehouse, a remand centre and casual labouring. Basically, im' not fussy what I do as long as i'm earning, but would obviously like to get back to my career. We believe whats for you i'll not go by you & positive attitude with a bit of luck...

We cant wait to make to move.... it still hasn't really sunk in as yet.

thanks again. Grant

Kath, Thanks for that. We're in Adelaide for May re our visa entry date, but need to return to the UK as our house hasn't sold yet. Planning to make it a bit of a working holiday getting to know places, where developments are etc. Probably like yourself, we've spent hours and hours on the net looking at suburbs, schools, jobs etc, so I think coming over for a holiday should be beneficial, but costly!

thanks again. Grant

We definately did the hours researching before we came but until you arrive and explore you dont know know where feels right. through costs of housing we had planned to settle in morpett vale/reynella but when we arrived we went for a mission and loved mclaren vale but couldnt afford to rent there let alone buy :wacko: but where we are now in moana is just far enough away so as not too hustle and bustle but only 40 mins away from the city if needed.

My OH wanted to change his career from office work to outside work (planned to be a brickie) but that didnt work out (too old to be preference to employ??)and struggled to get employment without experience in a more adventurous field but the husband of one of my clients gave him a job and is working for stirling homes for the past year. he hasnt been the best of bosses but it is definately shows its who you know. give us an shout when you arrive if you want and meet for a beer or i am sure there will be a bbq happening and meet some more of us now locals. :D

good luck with the house sale and have a nice flight.

kath x

Guest starduster
We definately did the hours researching before we came but until you arrive and explore you dont know know where feels right. through costs of housing we had planned to settle in morpett vale/reynella but when we arrived we went for a mission and loved mclaren vale but couldnt afford to rent there let alone buy :wacko: but where we are now in moana is just far enough away so as not too hustle and bustle but only 40 mins away from the city if needed.

My OH wanted to change his career from office work to outside work (planned to be a brickie) but that didnt work out (too old to be preference to employ??)and struggled to get employment without experience in a more adventurous field but the husband of one of my clients gave him a job and is working for stirling homes for the past year. he hasnt been the best of bosses but it is definately shows its who you know. give us an shout when you arrive if you want and meet for a beer or i am sure there will be a bbq happening and meet some more of us now locals. :D

good luck with the house sale and have a nice flight.

kath x

Kath, thanks and will definitely be in touch when we come in May. My OH is a hairdresser so plenty to talk about. Had a look at your website so will give you a call on your mobile. Grant