Guest Mick and Helen

Reunion BMG

Guest Mick and Helen

Birmingham & Midlands Invitation

This is a open invitation, to those especially from the Birmingham and Midlands Region to casual drinks at the Watermark Hotel Glenelg, 1 May at 7:00pm.

(please be aware that this is not a booked function area, we will be gathering in the beer garden area, children can be in this area only if they are supervised at all times the Hotel informs me)

This gathering will be the first in some time, a long time between drinks as the saying goes…

Background on the Birmingham & Midland Group The Birmingham & Midland Group was established in 2006, this small group afternoon picnic, soon grew with other functions in various location around Adelaide into what has be come quite a large number of people. The word of BMG soon spread, with requests to attend our functions coming from wide and far, it wasn't long before local and U.K. radio stations were requesting interviews. It was soon realised that the individuals and families attending arrived in Adelaide at various times some back in the late 50's and others within a day or two of before attending their first function.

The purpose and philosophy of the Birmingham & Midlands Group Firstly it is to have a laugh with memories and stories over drinks and/or food with fellow migrants whether they be old or new arrivals, however what has become a vital and most important role for the group is that at times we serve as a first point of contact to new arrivals helping them put down their roots and giving support at this very stressful time, as we all know.

I should mention and make it clear that by name, The Birmingham and the Midlands Group does attract a large number people from these area's, however the last thing we would want is to become exclusive and this is why this is why this is an open invitation to all.

Watermark Hotel, Glenelg 1 May 2010

7:00 pm

Posted on Behalf of the B.M.G

Guest Mick and Helen
    :confused: Thought there were a lot more Brummies out there.

Guest kangomik

It's Australia mate, give them time, most would have been busy over the easter break.

Guest The Dimmocks

I did look at your post but 7pm a bit late for us with 3 little ones, they in bed for 8pm. We from the Black Country but I was brought up in Birmingham. If there are any late afternoon get togethers then we would come.

Michelle

Guest Mick and Helen

This is the first one for a while we are trying to get it up and running after a two year break. But there used to be picnic days etc.

Guest Ric & Paula

:)Would a family of Mancunians new to Adelaide be ok,we'd love to meet up and get hints on things to do and places to go etc:notworthy:Paula x

Guest Mick and Helen
    :)Would a family of Mancunians new to Adelaide be ok,we'd love to meet up and get hints on things to do and places to go etc:notworthy:Paula x

Everyone is welcome

Hi,

We are family from Birmingham, coming over on 14th May, so just miss out on this one. We will be very interested in making the next get together Mick

Guest Mick and Helen
    Hi,

We are family from Birmingham, coming over on 14th May, so just miss out on this one. We will be very interested in making the next get together Mick

If this one generates enough interest we will be looking to arrange two to three a year.

Guest Mick and Helen

think this was posted to early, so here we go again

Guest lazymazy

I think we're coming along M+H. see ya there

andy, kerrie,ruby and march

Guest wendy

Think I'll probably come - I'm from Wolves be great to hear some more yam yams !!

Been here 18 months and not met any yet !!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Mick and Helen
    Think I'll probably come - I'm from Wolves be great to hear some more yam yams !!

I'm from wolves also there are a few of us about.

Guest The Dimmocks

We lived not far from Wolves. Coseley between Dudley and Wolverhampton, just off Birmingham New Road. Where abouts you living now?

Guest wendy

I know Coseley - I hd a few friends from there - great people

I'm in Greenwith now - Golden Grove way - I work in the city so if you ever fancy a lunch time Coffee ??

Guest markmet

Hi Wendy

My name is chris and we are from Wolves. Been in Adelaide 10 weeks now. We lived in Bushbury dont know if you know it. Which part are you from??

Guest Mick and Helen
    were from Goole is it or right to join in ?

no problems more the better

Guest Mick and Helen

Dear All

Just a quick word to remind all that everything is on track for next Saturday night drinks, remember although by name we have, do attract lots of people from the Birmingham & Midland Area we are not exclusive, all are welcome more the merrier.

Those details again for those who missed the other threads are : The Watermark Hotel, Glenelg

(front beer garden)

Saturday 1 May 2010

7:00pm

Guest Mick and Helen
    Dear All

Just a quick word to remind all that everything is on track for next Saturday night drinks, remember although by name we have, do attract lots of people from the Birmingham & Midland Area we are not exclusive, all are welcome more the merrier.

Those details again for those who missed the other threads are : The Watermark Hotel, Glenelg

(front beer garden)

Saturday 1 May 2010

7:00pm

Thanks for a great turn out,nice to see some old faces and also new ones.Watch this space for details of next meet up.

Guest Fly Away
    We lived not far from Wolves. Coseley between Dudley and Wolverhampton, just off Birmingham New Road. Where abouts you living now?

I was born and brought up in Woodsetton - which is just past Coseley. What a small World!

I have just seen this thread, which means we missed the meet. :(

That's a shame as my husband is looking for fellow Wolves fans. He's from Halesowen though...

Guest The Dimmocks

What a very small world, I used to live on Hockley Road before moving to Hurst Hill. Went to Bramford and High Arcal. Spent many an evening hanging round the petrol station on Sedgley Road when I was younger. What your name and how old are you? Are you over here now or still in UK.