one week in

Guest hel&sam

Hi Helen

Am so jealous as cant wait to come over. Just waiting to sell the house although i am now thinking of renting it.

Please keep the posts coming as any advice or views would be great. Hope to meet up soon as if i have my way i will be over by October at the latest.

Enjoy

Guest Guest75
Hi Helen

Am so jealous as cant wait to come over. Just waiting to sell the house although i am now thinking of renting it.

Please keep the posts coming as any advice or views would be great. Hope to meet up soon as if i have my way i will be over by October at the latest.

Enjoy

Good luck on the house sale Andi.

Whereabouts in Leeds are you - we are originally from "sunny" Pudsey:cute:

Guest Guest75
We are front Middleton (right opposite the park), and its raining!! We had a lovely sunny Saturday so guess thats our summer over with.

How long have you been out there, and any tips.

Hope to meet up soon.

We are getting rain here now as well, some lovely Autumn showers but still warm during the day.

We moved here in 2000, settled,got the citizenship,been on the roller-coaster of emotions and love it here:notworthy:

One of the best tips I can give is to read this forum through,great advice and tips in here,just use the search engine:)

Bring as much brass as you can.

Have a great sense of humour.

Be prepared to adapt.

Have a strong marriage/ relationship - it will be tested!

Don't expect the move or the first few years to be easy or to be given anything apart from the chance to settle here.

We came back over last for a visit,can't believe how crowded it was!!

Spent most of our time in Baildon at my brothers or out and about in the Dales,had a fab weekend in Whitby.

The country has passed us by now I feel:wubclub:

How's the house market now - picking up at all??

The news is the market is picking up and there are few sold signs around but it is taking its time and the repossessions are bringing the prices down. Our estate agent said the lower end are moving. We also bought in Spain and lost the lot so its not good at all for us. Anyway we made a big decision last night and decided to drop the price of the house for a couple of months only (cant afford to loose on that house too) and if no luck we are going to rent (until the market picks up) and be over there by October. We have savings to last us a fews months etc but with just being to 2 of us to start with (prepared to do any work) think we will be ok. Just rough it a bit!!