Long term rental in Hallett Cove

Guest deb and stoo

Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

A friend of mine has a long term rental comming up at the end of November in HC. Its a big 4 bed 2 bath overlooking the sea and will be selling furniture too, he's moving back to NZ for a year. Will have pics from him shortly so will keep you all informed as required. Be in the $360 PW region too.

;)

Hi Deb and Stoo,

Subject to our selling the UK house this is one we'd be interested in, as we hope to be coming over late October/ Early November and living in the Southern Suburbs. Please keep us informed.

Many Thanks

Banjo.

Guest deb and stoo

Yo Dudes

A thousand appologies for not posting the pictures sooner but if you link to my FLICKR page you will see a selection of pictures from my friends long term rental in Hallet Cove. He's looking for $360 PW and will have an awful lot of furniture to sell too, if you're interested let me know at stoo40@hotmail.com and I'll pass your details on to him, a really nice bloke who likes us Brits :jiggy:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stoobru/sets/72157602237179509/

:)

Guest ozzy wannabe

When you said that your mate likes us brits it worried me abit:sad:

Do the ozzies not like us brits very much?

I'm abit worried that when we come to look for a rental in march when may come across abit of anti brit attitude?

Vicky

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Vicky

No not any anti brit feelings at all, in fact everytime you say where you're from they come out with....my mums dads friends auntie used to live there and how are you enjoying it here, and thats the girl in Woolies scanning your baked beans !!

I said he likes Brits cause he's a Kiwi and knows what its like to come from outside Oz.

Honestly Vicky you'll have no worries at all.....in fact I'd say its much more friendly than the UK and everyone speaks English too :D

Yo dudes

A friend of mine has a long term rental comming up at the end of November in HC. Its a big 4 bed 2 bath overlooking the sea and will be selling furniture too, he's moving back to NZ for a year. Will have pics from him shortly so will keep you all informed as required. Be in the $360 PW region too.

;)

Looks good Stoo. Is $360 about average for the size of house and area? Translating that into UK money (todays' rates) makes around £680 per month...

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Orelljet

Yes thats about average for the 4 bed 2 bath type houses that a lot of people seem to be looking for, its what we're paying for ours in Hallet Cove Heights, just accross the road from Hallet Cove itself, I have a few pictures of it on FLICKR if you want a look, I'll add the link if you like but our problem with it at the moment is its too big, we keep loosing each other and often hear.....'wheres dad?' when I'm usually outside talking to Barry (my barbie):notworthy:

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Jason

Renting to start with just to get a feel for the place and to decide where best to settle, I think the only way to decide where to live is to see for yourself, not somewhere you've heard about or seen pictures of, after all we're all different and all want different things

:jiggy:

Hi Jason

Renting to start with just to get a feel for the place and to decide where best to settle, I think the only way to decide where to live is to see for yourself, not somewhere you've heard about or seen pictures of, after all we're all different and all want different things

:jiggy:

Sounds like a good plan to me, especially as renting is a cost-efective option over there, or so I've heard.

Thanks again for your time Stoo.

Justin.

Sounds like a good plan to me, especially as renting is a cost-efective option over there, or so I've heard.

Thanks again for your time Stoo.

Justin.

I think its a wise strategy. If youre coming with a sizeable deposit..the interest will pay something towards your rent, and it gives you the time to assess where you would like to live in that area or not. Even if it is only for a couple of months.It can be an expensive mistake buying straight away in a suburb you realize you dont want to be in........About $30-40k in fees for moving!.

One word of warning though......if you move to a completely diferent area, it would mean moving schools............ok for young kids , not so easy with older ones.

I think its a wise strategy. If youre coming with a sizeable deposit..the interest will pay something towards your rent, and it gives you the time to assess where you would like to live in that area or not. Even if it is only for a couple of months.It can be an expensive mistake buying straight away in a suburb you realize you dont want to be in........About $30-40k in fees for moving!.

One word of warning though......if you move to a completely diferent area, it would mean moving schools............ok for young kids , not so easy with older ones.

Wise words Smit. I've heard the fees are pretty high. Is it much cheaper to buy new/off plan?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

Just a quick update from my friend who's moving back to New Zealand and tells me he's happy to rent his house fully furnished for the same price, £360 per week, which is what we're paying unfurnished !!!

Take a look at my pics on flickr and if you're interested PM me and I'll pass on his contact details. he's a really nice bloke with a lovely family, shame he's going back to NZ

:)

Hi Deb and Stoo

We get to Adelaide on 22/11 so I'd be very interested in coming for a butcher's, if it's not been snapped up by then. Out stuff is due to arrive in Aus. 10/11 and will be in cutoms for a week or so, depending. Unfurnished would be best for us but there'd certainly be some bits we'd need (Fridge freezer, washing machine, dryer etc.) so it would seem to tick all the boxes.

Could you PM me street details (or post them), so I can look it up on the web, and also let me know if we can arrange a time on or after 22/11 to view?

Thanks,

Justin and Emmanuelle.

Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

Just a quick note to say that Matt informs me that his house in HC has been rented, sorry to those who were intertested, they do tend to get snapped up quite quick, especially in HC, once again sorry :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

Just had a phonecall from my friend telling me the people who were going to rent off him have pulled out so the house is back on the rental market.

Like I said before a 4 bed 2 bath in Hallett Cove for $360 PW fully furnished must be the bargin of the week, he said those that contacted him before contact him again and he'll see what he can do, any probs contact me and I'll pass his phone number onto you.

:notworthy: