Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rover

Online 676 application - dependents needed????? HELP!

Guest Rover

Hi,

We are just filling in a 676 Tourist visa application for my M-I-L, and everything was going fine until it asks about dependents staying in the UK.

As a widow with adult children she does not have any dependents, but the form does not seem to allow her to proceed without entering the details of someone.

There is no mention in any of the eligibility sections on the immi site (or elsewhere) of having to have any dependents left in the UK, so we are a bit stuck as to where to go next....

.....can anyone help????

Guest Squareman

That's worrying because I will be getting my MIL over on the same visa and she doesn't have dependents either. I have been told though, that the the applicant must demonstrate 'ties' to the country she is leaving e.g. a house, job, etc. Didn't know about dependents though.

Guest Rover
    Hi,

We are just filling in a 676 Tourist visa application for my M-I-L, and everything was going fine until it asks about dependents staying in the UK.

As a widow with adult children she does not have any dependents, but the form does not seem to allow her to proceed without entering the details of someone.

There is no mention in any of the eligibility sections on the immi site (or elsewhere) of having to have any dependents left in the UK, so we are a bit stuck as to where to go next....

.....can anyone help????

Panic over - seems the system got confused because she'd answered yes to having members of the family unit staying behind - meaning her quite independent 40 year old daughter!

We'll try again tonight but we think it is not an issue after all!