sponcer?

sue2oz

Guest steph&neil
hello everyone just want to say happy fathers day to all the aussie dads out there:)

NOW whats the score on sponsoring a family member to come over and live/work, and can it be a niece/nephew etc. Is it possible?

How long do you have to live here to do that?

sue xxx

Hi my understanding on this is people to join their brothers, sisters or parents who are their only near relatives and are usually resident in Australia. try the visa wizard on immigration website but I think that niece/nephew when they still have family in uk would not be an option, (did have a friend who was told no as they still had parents in the uk - although there niece came on a working holiday & secured a sponsorship - not sure if this is an option?) if they have no family & it could then come under the last remaining relative visa, I may be wrong but I would contact immigration to see what your options are, good luck Steph

hello everyone just want to say happy fathers day to all the aussie dads out there:)

NOW whats the score on sponsoring a family member to come over and live/work, and can it be a niece/nephew etc. Is it possible?

How long do you have to live here to do that?

sue xxx

Hi Sue

It depends on which family member(s) you want to sponsor and which visa they plan to apply for. Could you be more specific about that bit, please?

Many thanks

Gill

Guest caoimhe

Hi Sue

I was sponsored by my Uncle so yes you can do it but they still need to have skills I think.

He is a citizen but if I remember right you only need to have PR, not sure if you have to be here a certain time or not.

So if you get sponsorship from an Auntie or Uncle, does that class as some points toward's visa qualification?

If so, this might be another way for me, as i have an Auntie and Uncle in Wollongong, NSW! :D

Guest WhatNow?

Whether you are sponsored or not, you still are subject to the same tests (skills, medical, character) as everyone else. The 'sponsorship' is an extra, not an alternative and does not give you any advantage over other applicants, except for the additional points it may or may not give you. Sadly, those days are long gone!