Woohoo Passed!!

Guest nicandchris

Guest nicandchris

Hi there my son is having a nap so managing to respond quite quickly just now! In relation to the ielts its a nightmare about whether or not Uk citizens need to do it. I have emailed AHPRA twice now re this and the first response was that you dont and then the second most recently last week says that you do. The agency that are helping me move are also adament that they have spoken to AHPRA and they say that we do. I hope that you dont as its bloody expensive and a stressful experience but id make sure first.

I would love to afford to go PR first but money is tight for us and the 457 is much cheaper ie about £200 for the actual visa although you have to pay for the documents certs, nursing registration and also the medicals which in total is not cheap (it is also quicker). We have to also sell the house before we head over and who knows how long that would take in this current climate. You get lots of benefits f rom having the PR ie childcare, help with overall costs and medicare but its not one for us unfortunately.

\good luck with your choices!

Guest nicandchris

Hi there

the health service in Adelaide will sponsor us on the business visa and then after three months of probationary period will then sponsor me on the PR visa. We cant afford the PR before we go but it is our choice in the end. They have got a job lined up for me when i arrive.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest punkrokka
All done' date=' wasn't too bad (won't be saying that if i fail!!) Same for me, 13 days she said. Fingers crossed. Let me know how you did. Fingers crossed for you too.[/quote']

Good Luck for tomorrow....it has seemed like ages since the test.

Guest punkrokka
hi read the november ahpra new release on ielts requirements, what do you make of it?

What have you read, I've just seen a post on here hinting that UK trained & qualified midwives don't need the English test but we're still thinking we do ... Have you got a link to the November release?

I saw that someone on here submitted with 8's and a 6.5 and is waiting on a response, we could have done that the first time if it's acceptable?

Guest nicandchris

Hi its a bit contradictory really and hard to understand, i dont have a link but if you go onto the ahpra website youll find it under november updates. Realistically thought i think that uk nurses will still need it unfortunately but ill keep posting if i find anything to the difference.

:sad:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest punkrokka

We were feeling a bit disheartened since the last IELTS and all momentum seemed lost but something clicked this week and it's all systems go again....New test booked for Saturday 27th, fingers crossed that it's third time lucky.

Guest nicandchris
We've were feeling a bit disheartened since the last IELTS and all momentum seemed lost but something clicked this week and it's all systems go again....New test booked for Saturday 27th, fingers crossed that it's third time lucky.

Keep going im sure itll be worth it!

• 3 weeks later...