Seriously looking for place to work and a house to live with 475 visa.

Guest botanica

Guest botanica

Hi good guys,

The woods are lovely dark and deep,

but I have promises to keep,

miles to go before I sleep,

and miles to go before I sleep.

Please give me contacts if u have for a rent house and work. Slowly my money is getting exhausted in the bank. Slowly I am finding myself in a fix.

Thanks

Guest moonraker1959

Hi Botanica,did'nt I read a thread earlier this week from you,requesting same info?Things must be becoming quite dire for you,so I hope you and family are ok.What is your situation?Married?Kids?The reason I'm asking(not to be nosey)is have you tried woofing?(willing workers on organic farms)Google Woofing Australia.When you find the website,click on the bulletin board.Scroll down to South Australia.There you will find "host"families willing to take people on for a short time,sometimes up to 3 months.Ok you agree to work say 4-6 hrs per day doing whatever they need you to do,could be gardening type work,painting,looking after animals,whatever ok?They in exchange give you 3 meals per day and a bed,could be in their own house,if you're lucky if might be in separate accommo.It is unpaid work,and only temporary but I'm thinking it will give you some breathing space,take the worry off you,and in the times you're not working for them,you can then spend the spare time job hunting/house hunting.You might need your own car to get to these places,if not,you may be able to use public transport and they might pick you up from the nearest train/bus station.Most of the jobs are either for singles/couples,not many will accomodate people with children.Just a suggestion and it might just work out for you.Best of luck and I hope it works out for you.I guess if you need to be in the city for future work,then woofing might not be a good idea,most woofing placements are quite a way out.

Guest moonraker1959
Wow, what a brilliant idea and how lovely you are to suggest it.

I too wish you luck Botanica.

Judi x

You're welcome Judy!:cute:I did forget to mention that who ever wants to try woofing will need to purchase the book that will give you the contact details of the potential hosts,and by buying the book it also gives you insurance to cover(god forbid)any accidents/injuries(basic cover).You can buy this book in the city(details on woofing website)or buy it online.Cost is $60 and a new edition comes out in January I think.As I said before most of these farms are quite a way outside of Adelaide,although there is one at the moment in Echunga,which ok is'nt suburbia but could be good for someone with a car.I know several people who have gone down the woofing road(aussies included)and have had excellent reports from them.Woofing is an national organisation,so you can travel around the country if you so desire!