Sign in to follow this  
Guest tootall74

under active thyroid

Guest tootall74

hey all

my misses has got an under active thyroid,we havent had a health check yet but im getting nervey this might affect our visa, am i being daft or could there be a chance oz could refuse our visa over this?any info would be great as it would save me having to arrange a tragic accident

Guest ReadyPenny

Don't worry!!! I have one too, didn't affect ours!! I just getThyroxine scripts here , it's not free here though. Think it cost me $ 60 for 6 months supplt

Guest Jo&Phil

Haha.. assume Mrs hasn't read post yet or you're a fast runner.

Don't worry overmuch about the medical condition - if Oz said 'no' to everyone who had something wrong with them there wouldn't be anyone here. Generally it's only wildly dangerous conditions (ie: those that might aversely impact on the general health of the population) or expensive (to the state) medical conditions that can cause a blip. So 'black death and bubonic plague might be an issue but thyroid is eminently treatable. Also: you should find that the relevant drugs would be on the PBS (pharmecutical benefit scheme) meaning that medicare will underwrite costs of same but you'll pay a proportion as we do for all medical treatment (hence medical insurance is really important but affordable)

Guest tootall74

just saying thanks hampshire girl,

we in dorset ooooooo spooky!!!!

(bournemouth)

Guest lippy

Seems to be a common complaint - no problems getting visa here either!