Sign in to follow this  
Guest foxesonthemove

Pregnancy & Visa Application

Guest foxesonthemove

We have just found out that we are pregnant with our second child!!!

We submitted our 176 application in Dec 2010. We are just wondering how this will effect our visa application? We will be letting our agent know and realise we will need to add another person on to the application, but will this have any effect on us being allocated a case officer.

I think I have read that I can't have my medical until after the baby is born (early Sept).

Would we have been allocated a case officer by Sept anyway? :shocked:

Guest guest3462

Hi congratulations on your pregnancy!!!

I am 7.5 months pregnant with our 3rd child. We applied for the 176 visa in august 2010. I have had my medical and my chest xray. We went for the medicals once I reached 12 weeks and had the chest xray at 21 weeks. There was no issue with this apart from I also had to attend the Royal Adelaide Chest clinic to ensure I had no TB. (We already live in Adelaide on a 457 visa!!!) You can still get your visa processed without a cxr if you choose not to have it at the discression (sp??) of DIAC but you will have to attend medical appointments for both you and baby once you arrive in Adelaide as part of that agreement.

I am hoping that we get our case officer in the next 2 months (so we will qualify for the aussie baby bonus!), we have front loaded our medicals and police checks in the hope that when we do get a case officer we will be a bit quicker in the processing line! Fingers crossed for yout hat you will get a case officer soon and good luck with your pregnancy!!

Take care

Julia

Guest foxesonthemove

Thanks Julia. I guess it's just a case of wait and see. I'm getting good at that!!

All the best with your pregnancy and hope you don't have too long a wait for a case officer.

Take care

Alex