Quick LAFHA question - JOB OFFER!

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Hi all.

Really love this forum, been a great help to us over the last few weeks.

This morning I received a job offer from a company in Adelaide! ;)

The earnings part is broken down and is confusing me somewhat. I won't go into details of my potential salary but is there anyone on here that could tell me how LAFHA really works???

As I understand it, I have been made an offer totalling $xxx,xxx dollars. The offer goes on to say that I'll be entitled to a LAFHA accommodation allowance of $16,900 and a food allowance of $14,924 which my salary is reduced by, now coming in at $xx,xxx.

Am I right in thinking that I pay tax on the lower amount, and the rest is made up of LAFHA allowance which is NOT taxed? So I am getting $31,824 of my salary tax free?

Once LAFHA is deducted, my taxable income puts me in the $4650 + 30c/$ bracket, so I'll be "better off" by 30% of $31,824, right? So 'cash in hand' LAFHA is worth $9,547 per annum to me.

Anyone been through all this that can broadly let me know if broadly this is how is broadly works? :eek:

Me and the family are incredibly excited about all this - as you can understand.

Once I get to the bones of what the offer actually means, you'll be hearing a lot more from me! oh yes :D

RTL

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Thanks for your reply - that's helped - cheers.

Your hubby knows me - please could you ask him to PM me? Or if that's you Steve, can you PM me?

All will be made clear.

:D