Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ryan T. Lion

Sand Pit vs. Spiders

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Hi all.

Our girls (2 and 5) have a little sandpit type activity table for the back garden. It's like a table they dig and mess around in, build sand castles etc.

It's got a lid on it but UK spiders etc manage to get in there all the time...

I would imagine in Oz, there's some sort of arachnid that likes to hide in sand - before jumping out and attaching itself to your face or something.

Anyway - serious question..... Am I just asking for trouble bringing a sandpit/table?

Cheers !! !! !!

Ryan

Guest bishop3912

I would say bring it, if u r worried u can always morten spray the lid & outside, that works for us on our outdoor stuff. To buy one over here wld set u back $50 for a cheap version, dearer if u buy toys r us one or ELC one. The playgroups I attend have these outside all the time :-) Regards Bishop3912

Guest Guest75

I'd bring anything like that as long as it is very clean and does not have any earth on it for Quarantine to pick on.

Bugs are not as bad as you think,just pays to keep an eye out for them.

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Thanks guys.

It'll be spotless and "stinking of Jeyes Fluid" as one shipping company recommended to me!

:jiggy:

Guest Guest75
    Thanks guys.

It'll be spotless and "stinking of Jeyes Fluid" as one shipping company recommended to me!

:jiggy:

Yep,I'm sure quarantine officer must think the world smells of Jeyes :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Just make sure you fit a padlock to the top of the sandpit, our spiders are big enough to open the tops:shocked:

Guest Squareman

True. One of them jemmied the front door open last night and was getting stuck in to my ale before i whipped out the aerosol.....

Guest Ryan T. Lion

I remember in the Maldives I tried to smack a spider with a great big bloody Bible, and it just grabbed it off me and started waving it about.....

.....same sort of thing??

:cute:

Guest gareth19198080

Haha, we had a red back spider on our window the day we moved into our house!!!! Scary, lol. We use a spray around the windows and doors which kills em instantly and one application lasts 3 months. You could just use the spray on it I think, know where your comin from tho mate, can be daunting, especially with all the ozzie wildlife programs in the UK.