Guest tamazin

Spouse visa processing times

Guest tamazin

Hi, We're submitting my spouse visa (I'm British, hubby is Aussie) on Monday and wondering what the current processing times are? Does anyone know - i've heard they're up to 10 months for the spouse visa currently?

Thanks lots,

Guest moonraker1959

My husband got his a few months ago and it took over a year.Its no secret we had the C/O from hell(she later quit:biglaugh:)We had to supply up to 5 years of spent bills,bank statements,and god knows what else.I was told initially it was an easy process,which it might be if you get a good C/O who actually knows what they're doing.:cute:

Guest tinkham_lee

Are you applying in or out of OZ? as the time frames are different.

I just had mine granted (in OZ) in 6 months and didn't know I had been assigned a CO. I front loaded my police certificates, had my medical as soon as visa was lodged and supplied 1-2 years of evidence including photos, wedding plans, holiday bookings, bills and bank statements etc.

Guest Aussie pat

Aussie pat's other half here

I got my visa in Feb 2008. I applied in the UK. It took 8 weeks. Our situation was fairly straightforward, but I did work hard to anticipate any follow-up questions in those areas we all have where we don't quite fit in all the boxes. As a result we didn't have too much ping pong with requests for further info and then further info to the further info. Maybe we were just lucky.

Guest tamazin
    Are you applying in or out of OZ? as the time frames are different.

I just had mine granted (in OZ) in 6 months and didn't know I had been assigned a CO. I front loaded my police certificates, had my medical as soon as visa was lodged and supplied 1-2 years of evidence including photos, wedding plans, holiday bookings, bills and bank statements etc.

I'm applying in london. i sbmitted this morning and they told me current processing times are approx. 6 months. :)

There is a massive thread about this on Pomsinoz - which will tell you everything you need to know. They will quote you 6 months or whatever but if you get as much info to them up front and your case is simple and you don't get the case officer from hell then it will be much quicker. See http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats-363.html