job situation

Guest jacks

Hi Jack, the job situation in Adelaide has always been the worst in Australia. People that do move to adelaide never achieve like the ones that go to other places like Sydney or Brisbane.

Adelaide do not have what it takes for employment and all what is said about the cheap property etc, has no value when a new commer is not able to find a job or is being stuck in a job and cannot move.

Extra studies, extra training will still lead to know where in Such a city.

The only thing that works is to leave once you got the training.

Guest irishalec

Is Adelaide that bad to find work? im a carpenter with a residents visa and was going to book a flight to there in October, but if its as hard as you people say to find work i think i'm going to have to look into different cities

Hi Jack, the job situation in Adelaide has always been the worst in Australia. People that do move to adelaide never achieve like the ones that go to other places like Sydney or Brisbane.

Adelaide do not have what it takes for employment and all what is said about the cheap property etc, has no value when a new commer is not able to find a job or is being stuck in a job and cannot move.

Extra studies, extra training will still lead to know where in Such a city.

The only thing that works is to leave once you got the training.

I'm sorry but your comments appear a little negative and very harsh (..... lead to nowhere in such a city.... leave once you got the training)!!!!. I'm sure there are instances were people come across difficulties but it's not as bleak as all that I'm sure. My cups definetly half full anyhow and i'll be bringing huge bags of perseverance with me!!

Guest pixie7
I'm sorry but your comments appear a little negative and very harsh (..... lead to nowhere in such a city.... leave once you got the training)!!!!. I'm sure there are instances were people come across difficulties but it's not as bleak as all that I'm sure. My cups definetly half full anyhow and i'll be bringing huge bags of perseverance with me!!

Karen I'm with you on that- life is what you make it wherever you are! Cant get work in choosen occupation then choose again!! Not all about work achievments to us its about living life the best we can and enjoying the ride! But hey ho each to their own....

Just to let people in IT know- Chris has contacted a few companies and agencies with his CV and asked about work (we're not going until Jan 2012 but he was putting feelers out) he got a reply from every agency/company within 2 days and all have been polite, keen and interested to know more about him and when he is available for work- we're taking this as very positive. Much better feedback than UK.

Karen (and anyone else interested) I contacted Randstad Education as I have worked for them in UK, they have sent me all registration forms and asking when Im available to come in to register and work! (not registered yet as not their yet!!) They have adverts out on job sites now looking for primary teachers for new school year.

I realise it wont all be rosy and we might struggle to both find jobs but thats exactly the position we are in here- leap of faith needed me thinks:jimlad:

Guest stekaz

Well said, there are many opportunities here in Adelaide its like everywhere else, people are very lucky if they find a job they really enjoy. I dont know many people who go to work for love, not money.

I am now in my mid forties and it was only two years ago when I found the best job I have ever had, so good things do happen, albeit eventually. In fact it was the best job so I bought the company, we are a Registered Training Organisation and I have advertised more than once for new staff; do you think I was overwhelmed with responses? Answer is no, so there are jobs out there you just have to look.

Steve