Planning reccy trip !!!

Guest honestjoe

Guest honestjoe

Hi there, finally after almost 3 years we have finally been granted our permanent visa !! Have booked flights for reccy trip as we have never been to Austrailia (its my husbands dream to live there). Arrive in Adelaide on 02/12/11 for almost four weeks part fact finding, checking out areas, schools, job opportunities etc and thought the last week we could relax and have a bit of a holiday spend Christmas in Oz and will be back in UK by New year and children to go back to school. My husband is a carpenter/builder and we have two daughters aged 8 and 4. Can anyone please give me any advise on "good" areas with "good" schools we live in an village nr Lichfield in Staffordshire at the moment and the school is excellent. I have tried with no success to obtain a league table of schools like our OFSTED but cannot seem to get it. Can anyone help ?? Also would appreciate any help/advice on the short term rental for our reccy trip and the moment I have sent loads of emails to holiday letts but feel these are going to be very expensive especially given the time of year we will be there. OMG !! excited but scary so much to research and this is just for the trip god help me when it comes to actually making the move permanent.