Cheap phone calls UK to OZ

Guest caz and wayne

Guest caz and wayne

Hi everyone

I've not been on the forum for a while as reading all these stories and pieces of information is getting me carried away and I'm still at the stage of waiting for job references to be returned. I expect this could take three to four weeks and need to try and put the whole thing out of my head.

Anyway, I have a small offering which I hope people will find useful if it hasn't been posted before. I have on occasion used a website www.telestunt.co.uk for cheap calls to places outside the UK. All you do is log on, locate the code for the country you are calling and follow the instructions. It's easy and I think the charges for Australia are only 1p per minute to a landline. The rate for calls to mobiles is obviously more.

Keeping my fingers crossed and trying not to have too many sleepless nights.

Carolyn

xx

Guest caz and wayne

Julie

Wayne will be in hysterics when I pass that onto him later. He's an ex squaddie now a firefighter although he does shave his own head!

Carolyn

Guest caz and wayne
Thanks Carolyn, I'm sure this will be very useful for family back home.

Does this mean I'm going to be getting a call from you soon...?;):biglaugh:

J x

Hi Judi

Why not? I think I can probably stretch to 10 minutes.

PM me with your number.

Carolyn

Guest Martin and Val

Hi,

Following on from Caz and Wayne,

We use first telecom for all our Australian Calls and it's really cheap. We add credit to it via an 0845 number (local rate) then each time we want to ring Aus we dial 1639 which goes straight through to an automated service that tells us what credit remains then we simply dial the number.

When we normally ring Aus we are on the phone for about 45-60 mins and it costs about 50p.

You can also use it abroad and it doesn't appear on our normal BT bill as you have prepaid.

They can be found at: www.firsttele.com or phone 0845 215 1639, 8am-8pm Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm Sat.

Cheers

Martin and Val

Hi,

I use this site http://www.loiol.co.uk/ it will search most of the low cost companies for most countries from the UK, to landline and mobile. Over the last few years I have made mabe a couple of thousand calls to China, the cost of the companies changes a little and sometime the quality can be poor if it's at a busy time so its good to have sevral companies to choose from.

Simon

Guest dglamoore

There seem to be a few good deals around - we have some family that use skype and those that don't have a pc use Telediscount which has worked well for them for the time we have been here. 1p per min to oz landlines and 13p per minute to oz mobiles.

Lisa:cute:

Hi there

Someone probably will know cheaper but my mum in UK uses Talk Talk and gets free calls to OZ for up to 70 mins and then can end call and start again. We use Telstra international package and pay $10 per month - you get $10 worth of calls per month and then pay 2 cents a min (5 cents connection) once you have used up the $10. Do tend to phone and receive calls from family a lot each week!

Also vodafone (UK) is fairly good if both ends have one. If you use 'passport' and 'stop the clock' the UK end just pays for 3 mins to a UK mobile (whether abroad or not) for an hour and OZ end pays 75p connection. If in OZ calling the UK mobile it works out to 3.75 GBP per hour between the hours of 19:30 and 07:30 weekdays and all weekends

We are happy with these costs but if someone does know cheaper will be watching as on average spend about 4 hours at least a week on the phone with UK (they don't seem to feel so far away from you then)!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CherryCall

Hi, just noticed your post, looking for cheap calls to Oz - I'm pleased to offer a solution!

Visit: http://www.cherry-call.co.uk/oceania/phone_australia.jsp

Calls from a UK landline cost just 1.5p per minute at all times.

There are no PINs to remember, no registration forms, and no prepayments.

Just dial 0844 3030 777 followed by the full Australian number.

If you have any questions about the service please get in touch.