NEARLY THERE!!!!!

Guest jen&ian

Guest jen&ian

hi all,

Had an e-mail this morning asking us for our bond :D .Not quite as good as actually getting THE call I know,but I'm very easily excited these days. All seems to coming together after nearly 3 years of dreaming and talking.I'm excited and terrified, but mostly excited.

Jen :D

You are so nearly there. We got our Bond letter on 30th November and got our visa on 25th January. As far as I can tell, they wouldn't ask for the bond if everything else wasn't OK, so all you have to do is find the money.

We struggled to meet their dates as there was a delay in getting the money out of our unit trusts and clear into our account, especially over Christmas. Once it had cleared into our account we used Moneycorp who were very helpful. The hardest bit for me was working out the international diallling code on the fax machine at work (which I found didn't allow overseas calls) to send the form to the SA Finance people.

If there is going to be a delay make sure you notify your case officer.

We got our visas about about 9 days after the money cleared.

If I were you I would start thinking about selling house and leaving jobs, etc as the worst bit is having a visa but not being able to get over to OZ.

Best wishes

Richard

Guest jen&ian

Hi all,

Thanks everyone for the good wishes and advice.

Sarah I know what you mean about handing over the money, I probably won't be as calm about it when it actually goes - untill I know it's arrived safely!

We have sold our house so thats another hurdle out of the way. I'd be on a plane tommorrow if I could.

See ya :D

Jen

Hiya Sarah & Jen, good luck I am sure it won't be long now.

I am waiting for the SIR495 visa, so a bonds not necessary - I just the CO is not going to want more paperwork but so far so good :) agency reckon we should have it perhaps this month, fingers crossed :)

We have not tempted fate & are waiting for the visa, then we will move onto selling the house (although 3 families interested), like Richard we are waiting for the school term to finish in July & hoping to be out September.......if we sell earlier then who knows ! Can live with in-laws if necessary & save a bit of money

Also flights much better price in Sept compared to August :shock:

Good luck

Angela

Guest happy-jools

Silly question really as we are only in early stages. Just sent of TRA assessment. But what is CO deadline. Not sure what CO is. Im sure once some explains it will all become clear. Dizzy moment I think.

Ha Ha.

Guest dglamoore

A Co deadline is the date your case officer will give to you that they must receive any additional paperwork/meds/pc's etc by.

Your Case Officer is the one that will review your visa application and make sure everything is as it should be and they have all they need in place to issue you a visa.

This migration lark is confusing and a very steep learning curve :shock: so you are not alone :D

Lisa :lol: