Daft question coming up .........

Guest lastboyscout

Guest lastboyscout

:embarrassed:I know this has been probably asked amillion or so times and it is a stupid one really ........... so here goes:wubclub:

We got our visa approval last week, so what do we do now? Do we have to go to Australia House in London for them to stamp our passports or can we post them off in one of them special delivery plastic envelopes?

I swear to god, I`m having some right blonde moments since our visa has been approved, I tried to screw the top of the coffee jar onto the milk bottle the other day :err: My head is shot and I`m all over the shop :wacko:

Help someone!!!!!!!

Hi,

here are the instructions below, you have to post special delivery(silver pouch) and include another prepaid addressed to you for there return.

Simon

Visa evidencing in the United Kingdom

This information is intended for clients in the following circumstances:

• You need to obtain your first-time visa label following visa grant at another office

• You hold a valid visa but have obtained a new passport

• You have lost a passport containing a valid label visa.

Mail Service

Send your passport by secure mail (Special Delivery silver pouch recommended for clients in the UK) to:

Visa Evidencing Unit Migration Branch Australian High Commission Strand London WC2B 4LA

Before You Send in Your Passport

There must be at least 2 unused pages or we have nowhere to place a label

provide a covering letter explaining what you are requesting and give some brief details if your passport has been lost or stolen

include viable contact details in case we need to contact you i.e. phone/email

enclose a copy of your visa grant letter (where this is a first-time visa label)

clients in the UK should include a pre-paid self-addressed Special Delivery silver pouch for the return of your documents. You should keep a record of the return registration number for tracking purposes.

This office will make separate arrangements for the return of documents to clients in the Republic of Ireland.

How long will it take to evidence a visa Granted by an Office in Australia

Clients in the UK observing the steps outlined above including the use of Special Delivery both for despatch and receipt of documents, can expect a turnaround of around 3 working days door-to-door in most instances. In a very small percentage of cases there is may be technical reason or data mismatch preventing an immediate response and we may have to contact the onshore office to clarify. Clients in Ireland can expect a longer turnaround because of additional postage time.

Change of passport but valid visa in old passport

If your obtain a new passport and you have a valid visa label in your old passport you may travel to Australia with both new and your expired passport. You simply need to present your old and new passport for boarding and entry clearance.

If you have married since you last obtained your valid visa label and your new passport is in your married name, you must also provide evidence of the basis for the name change. In this example, you will need to present your old passport, your new passport and your marriage certificate. After your arrival in Australia you may approach your local immigration office to have the visa transferred into your new passport

its so good to know someone else is being daft since getting the visa- i seem to be unable to concentrate on anything except thinking about flights, leaving family, beaches, houses, job hunting.... :wacko:

i thought getting the visa was the tough bit! :goofy:

Guest Libby1971

LOL

That has made me smile but God, my brain was swimming so much with the whole process, by the time we got the visa, it hurt!

Congratulations and see you here soon

Libby

Guest Matt & Suzi

Dont worry we asked the same question about 2 weeks ago. It doesnt say anywhere what to do. if it wasnt for this website I dont know what I would of done.

Suzi