tracy holland 1

Insurance

Hi my mum and dad are planning a visit in April. My dad is 81 and because od this holiday insurance is very expensive in UK despite him being very healthy.

Someone has told my mum that they can come out here and then take out some kind of insurance here, I am not sure what I need to be looking for so would be most grateful for any help!!!! :arghh:

Hi my mum and dad are planning a visit in April. My dad is 81 and because od this holiday insurance is very expensive in UK despite him being very healthy.

Someone has told my mum that they can come out here and then take out some kind of insurance here, I am not sure what I need to be looking for so would be most grateful for any help!!!! :arghh:

Hi Tracy,

I don't know but am really interested to find out. This is one issue my mum has. Although she is fairly fit and well in her health, she has a history of angina and chest complaint (both very well controlled). I would want her to have medicare cover whilst she was with us, hopefully for 3+ months at a time, but not sure if she'll be able to get temporary cover and at what cost! So I'm sorry i'm no help to you now but am looking forward to reading any advice from people on this.

Cheers Bev