1 Week Update !!!!!

minty

Well as the title says we have been here for just over a week so thought i would give you an update.

First on the bits everyone worrys about, costs are comparable with the UK and the log of paper work you need to get through when you get here is simple and you get help to go through it. In a week we have managed to do everything from doing all the paperwork to securing a long term rental and getting a car and in all honesty its been a simple process for everything.

This place is so friendly. From the poms we have met on the internet to the locals we have bumped into along the way there just seems to be more time for everyone to talk and everyone is more than willing to share info and knowledge.

I will admit i feel lost but i expected that. I was here before on a recce in 2009 and the place has not changed much but if i need something i dont know where to go to get it and that will take a bit of getting used to but will come. I have not started looking for work yet but i dont think it will be a problem so am not worrying about it.

What has put a smile on my face over the last few days that i have had time to start to enjoy though is seeing the looks on my 2 girls faces. They love it here from being able to go in the sea body boarding without freezing to just seeing different places and things they are and will be in there element here and i cannot put a price on that.

Next up for me is doing the sparkies wiring regs and getting a job (boooooo) but thats life. But what i can say is im glad ive started this journey. Thank you to all that have helped me along the way and to those coming over or thinking of starting the processs go for it, what have you got to loose.

You get 1 life so do what makes you happy as you dont regret what you have done, just what you have not done.

All the best,

The Bacons !!!!!

Its a great place.

We finished work today had tea cleaned up and still a couple of hours on Moana beach until sunset, .

The best way I can describe it is having a champagne lifestyle with lemonade pockets.

I know my daughter is settling in well as she says she doesn't want to go back, and the smile on her face down at the beach is fantastic.

I believe it's a place where kids can be kids without the pressure to grow up to fast.

We have just completed 4 month now and have loved every minute so far.

All the best with the job front.

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Great to hear that everything has gone so well for you and it's all been easy enough. We arrive a week today so it makes me feel a lot less stressed when I read a positive post like yours!

Where have you got your long term rental? Did you do all your paperwork with short term address and have to change it all to the long term one now or did you get your rental sorted first?

Good luck with the job hunting too when you start.

Guest Guest75
Long term rental is in Christies beach. We have done everything in the short term rentals addresses but will be easy to change addresses over. Move into long term rental a week on wednesday !!!!!!

Aye! Do remember to change your address - I don't want the cops coming around!!!

I have one serial speeding fine ex guest already!!!

Guest Heather2011
Well as the title says we have been here for just over a week so thought i would give you an update.

First on the bits everyone worrys about, costs are comparable with the UK and the log of paper work you need to get through when you get here is simple and you get help to go through it. In a week we have managed to do everything from doing all the paperwork to securing a long term rental and getting a car and in all honesty its been a simple process for everything.

This place is so friendly. From the poms we have met on the internet to the locals we have bumped into along the way there just seems to be more time for everyone to talk and everyone is more than willing to share info and knowledge.

I will admit i feel lost but i expected that. I was here before on a recce in 2009 and the place has not changed much but if i need something i dont know where to go to get it and that will take a bit of getting used to but will come. I have not started looking for work yet but i dont think it will be a problem so am not worrying about it.

What has put a smile on my face over the last few days that i have had time to start to enjoy though is seeing the looks on my 2 girls faces. They love it here from being able to go in the sea body boarding without freezing to just seeing different places and things they are and will be in there element here and i cannot put a price on that.

Next up for me is doing the sparkies wiring regs and getting a job (boooooo) but thats life. But what i can say is im glad ive started this journey. Thank you to all that have helped me along the way and to those coming over or thinking of starting the processs go for it, what have you got to loose.

You get 1 life so do what makes you happy as you dont regret what you have done, just what you have not done.

All the best,

The Bacons !!!!!

Well done to you and thank you for such a reassuring post...

Keep us posted!

All sounds great! Well done and thank you for keeping us updated with your first impressions. It's very reassuring and we can't wait to follow you out there very soon!

Lyn x