Sign in to follow this  
Guest lahubbard

HELP....Pleeeaaaseeee!!!!!

Guest lahubbard

Hi Everyone!!!! I really need as much advice and help as possible from you fellow poms! Im thinking about making the big move from Kent (UK) to Adelaide having been offred a job there.

Ive obviously read lots and investigated via websites etc but would like to hear your views about the city. I fell in love with Sydney when I travelled Australia 4 years ago. How does Adelaide compare? I understand that the cost of living is reasonably cheap so what would a decent salary be? Ive been offered in the region of $60,000AD. Is this enough to have 'good living'?

Is the city lively (im a 30 yr old man) and love to shop and go clubbing. Is there a 'young' expat scene?

I would really appreciate your views and hopefully will help a very confused man out...I seriously havent slept in 4 days now...please help!!!!! Thank you!!! Lee :D

Guest hairart
    Hi Everyone!!!! I really need as much advice and help as possible from you fellow poms! Im thinking about making the big move from Kent (UK) to Adelaide having been offred a job there.

Ive obviously read lots and investigated via websites etc but would like to hear your views about the city. I fell in love with Sydney when I travelled Australia 4 years ago. How does Adelaide compare? I understand that the cost of living is reasonably cheap so what would a decent salary be? Ive been offered in the region of $60,000AD. Is this enough to have 'good living'?

Is the city lively (im a 30 yr old man) and love to shop and go clubbing. Is there a 'young' expat scene?

I would really appreciate your views and hopefully will help a very confused man out...I seriously havent slept in 4 days now...please help!!!!! Thank you!!! Lee :D

i too am hoping to make a big move to adelaide. would you ming telling me how you've managed to be offered a job? what line of work is it?

i travelled to adelaide last nov and fell in love with it, my brothers been there for 3 years and would not come back to the uk to live now!

Guest lahubbard

Hey,

Im a designer and just applied to an ad that I saw...went through a couple of interview process' and that was it really!

How old is your bro? Did you find lots to do (like I did in Sydney)?

Could you ask him if my salary would give me a comfortable life please? Being so far away from home I wouldnt want to struggle!!!

Guest hairart
    Hey,

Im a designer and just applied to an ad that I saw...went through a couple of interview process' and that was it really!

How old is your bro? Did you find lots to do (like I did in Sydney)?

Could you ask him if my salary would give me a comfortable life please? Being so far away from home I wouldnt want to struggle!!!

hiya,

he's 39. i dont know how to compare with sidney having never been.

he lives in a quiet suburb right on the beach, so proberbly not for you but adelaide itself is a lively city.

as for your salary $60k 's not bad (about £24,300) obviously it depends whether you intend to buy or rent. he's on about $50k and i dont think he struggles.

Adelaide is apparently much cheaper than Sydney.

hope this helps. :?

Guest dglamoore

Hi to both of you and welcome to the site :lol:

Can't help with comparing adelaide to sydney as never been to either but I am sure you will be quite comfortable of your wage depending on how much of the high life you want to lead :lol:

there are quite a few members that live in Adelaide that will be sure to help you out once they are up and about :D

Lisa

Guest lahubbard

That's great...thanks guys!!!

Taking the jump over is so scary...Im thinking of taking a 2 week holiday out there!