Guest misschief3003

457 visa help- bank accounts and car finance

Guest misschief3003

Hi there.

More advice needed. Does anyone know or have advice on which is the best bank account for me on a 4 year 456 visa. I intend to ask for pr anyway. But what is best bank account. Also do you get overdrafts and credit cards with them as the norm?

Other question is I was expecting to get a company car with my job but it hast turned out that way, does anyone know if I will be able to get car finance on a 457 too? Read threads on this before but they were from 4 years ago so I dont know current situation. Any help is appreciated.

Guest mez10

Hi,

We were set up with HSBC before we came and just added Global banking to our accounts. We can transfer money over free and easy and we have a credit rating from using HSBC in the UK.

We've been here 2years now and are still with them. Just going for PR through employer nomination.

We've also got credit cards from stores with 12months interest free offers. We've had no issues.

Darren

Hi there,

We also got a bank account through NAB there is no charges and you can transfer money to the UK for free also no problems with cards etc, we also got Finance after 3 weeks of being here and we arrived in April this year but it will only run for as long as your 457 visa but that is no problem for us it all depends on the amount you need for finance as they will only give you finance on cars over 2003.

I hope this helps you out

Gary

Guest misschief3003

Thanks for that Gary. Did you get finance fr your car through the bank or works car finance place x

Hi there,

We got our finance through the the garage we were dealing with and they got it through GE Financial and we were excepted straight away.

Regards

Gary