Sign in to follow this  
Guest Django

Just like where I used to live :-)

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Surprised it's taken so long for this story to hit PIA,

Guzzler

Guest weesp

Wow, this is a bit worrying, I thought Hallett Cove is supposed to be a nice area to live

Guest soggy

No one knifed, no one shot, no one kicked to death for fun, not so bad:unsure:

Simon

Guest Django

No one knifed, no one shot, no one kicked to death for fun, not so bad

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa

Strangely enough that was my first thought.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Guest Rachael

No one knifed, no one shot, no one kicked to death for fun, not so bad:unsure:

Simon

An excellent point, not so worried now you've said that. If that was the UK then there would've been at least one person killed along with another 20 other killings somewhere else!

R

Guest soggy

it is not the crime levels in the UK that make me depressed and angry, its that it seems to be accepted by the politicians that are supposed to represent us, and the scum that carry out the crime are treated as the victims.

Simon

Guest Nicky&Andy

:wideeyed:its scary seeing reports like this, espically when youve got a 16yr old, where we live now you tend to know the good from bad as they say better the devil you know.

luckily bmx ing has taken over every thing else in our house, hopefully its a one off incedent in oz, it unfortunatly happens every where, you wouldnt believe the true stories in the womans magazines, from oz (my mum keeps givin me, think shes trying to put me off):nah:

Guest Rob and Clare

Can't help but wonder if this incident is part of our British export to Australia. Australians don't seem to have the same gang coulture, but that's not to say it doesn't exist.

Guest stickman
    Can't help but wonder if this incident is part of our British export to Australia.

Funny you should say that, I was reading a similar post about binge drinking/yob culture in Perth with the 'postee' pointing the finger at the number of Brits now living there

I've never been, so wouldn't know. Damn shame if that's the case though.

Everywhere has its own set of problems.

Guest Rob and Clare

Well if it is the brits or it isn't, it's still only a minor incident compared to the UK, I'm sure the Birmingham Mail wouldn't have bothered printing a story like that.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

There are a group of "lads" that hang around the mall, there all times of day or night, they dont seem to work or go to school, I dont know if they are part of the "ehc" gang but I do know they have a strange Aussie/ english accent and they still wear the baseball hats and trackkies that I remember being "chav" clothing before I left the UK.

Also I have an oz friend whose son was beaten up by a "bloody pom" (as she called him) who had only been here a few weeks! NICE!

sarah

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Its so sad, I just don't know why some act like this! Perhaps I'm showing my age!