4 weeks to go until we arrive!

deli&paul

OMG, cannot believe it is finally happening!!

We have been planning this move for over 4 years and we are due to land in Adelaide 12th October, but got a mixed bag of emotions going on. Really happy its finally happening, looking forward to the challanges of the adventure, guilty and sad about leaving family, friends and our beloved dog Ziggy (too old now) also feel a little apprehensive about what lies ahead! Worried the kids might not settle... The list goes on...

On the plus side, we have booked a short term rental in Moana, sorted a hire car and hubby has a job.

We will be busy when we arrive securing a long term rental, buying a car, getting the kids in school and all the other stuff too.

We plan on getting down to the meet up at port noarlunga beach (1st sunday in November??) so hopefully we can meet up with some friendly folk from PIA!

Our kids are Lewis age 9 & Mia age 7, so if anyone would like to meet up please get in touch.

Cheers

Adele

Hi Adel

Enjoy your last few weeks in the UK! Moana is beautiful and you are arriving at a great time.

Sarahx

Chris, Sarah, Molly & Phoebe - Arrived in Adelaide 21st August 2007, Living in Moana

www.coastandvinesrentals.com.au beachside short term furnished rental in Moana. Close to shops and transport from $600 per week

Edited by likesshopping

Hi Sarah,

Yes, Moana is beautiful.. thing is, there are so many beautiful places we cant decide where to stay long term. We have several area's in mind and hopefully the right long term rental will come up by the time we arrive and start looking!

Really keen in Flagstaff Hill, Aberfoyle Park, Happy Valley as we love the feel, leafy suburbs. We have more recently been swaying toward Port Noarlunga South, but my only concern is the extra distance for my huuby working north of the city, I dont want the drive becoming a bind.

Adele x

Guest K.gordon

We arrive 12th October too!! Flying Malaysian Airlines from Heathrow on the 10th - we've yet to sort a rental but looking forward to driving around checking out suburbs and looking at primary schools too. Such an adventure and we can't wait. Have a safe journey.

Hi Adele

I think doing the meet up is a great thing to do - we came here when our kids were your ages and we did the meet ups - It helped us alot to talk to fellow poms in the same position. My hubby works in the city and catches the train at Noarlunga in everyday, he doesnt mind and enjoys the commute. Have to say, I love living in the South, but there are equally lovely places along the coast and inwards too!....

Not long now, it will be a mine field when you first arrive, but everything tends to work itself out in the end! The weather will be nice and make sure you enjoy family time on the beaches inbetween all the rushing around you'llbe doing!

Good luck with your final weeks

Sarahx

Guest dean berridge

Hi I'm glad to see that there are new arrivals around the same time as us (27th September) we are looking at seaford, and will defo be looking to meet new friends we've got twin boys 9 (Ben and Callum) and a 13 daughter (Chloe), the boys are football mad and my daughter in to dancing so will be trying to sort them out and settled soon as:) but like others have said it would be great to arrange or attend some meet ups.:wink:

Guest USA soon just SA

wow, we will be arriving at about the same time (oct 22). our container shipped from our house yesterday, and that is when it be came real for me for the first time, now it is no longer a series of monetary commitments, but this time it is actuall our STUFF! we look forward to meeting fellow PIA members soon!

We arrive 12th October too!! Flying Malaysian Airlines from Heathrow on the 10th - we've yet to sort a rental but looking forward to driving around checking out suburbs and looking at primary schools too. Such an adventure and we can't wait. Have a safe journey.

Isn't that funny, looks like we could well be on same flight, 10pm Malaysia from Heathrow on the 10th... Small world eh?

Hope all your plans are going well.

We will arrive on the 15th! We got a son age 9 and a lil girl 17 months,accommodation sorted for 2 weeks near Henley beach. Be nice to meet up some nice people in PIA

Looks like there are a few of us arriving at similar time, it comforting to know we wont be the only newbies in town!

Yeah, we could all meet up at the monthly meet up.

good luck x

wow, we will be arriving at about the same time (oct 22). our container shipped from our house yesterday, and that is when it be came real for me for the first time, now it is no longer a series of monetary commitments, but this time it is actuall our STUFF! we look forward to meeting fellow PIA members soon!

Yeah, there does certainly seem to be a few newbies opting for the Spring arrival, obviously a good time to arrive.

We had our container shipped in August and its expected to be in Adelaide 5th Oct, I am hoping we will be ready for it by the time it clears customs etc... If not we may have to put in storage for a week or so.

Good luck with your plans

• 2 weeks later...
Guest K.gordon

Hi Adele, 9 sleeps to go.......I'll be the one in the queue at check-in with a red face through the tears!! If we don't meet at Heathrow I'll see you at Port Noarlunga beach on the 1st November, my girls are 5 & 4 and are sooo excited. Have a safe journey and hope the goodbyes aren't too bad :)

Kate

Hi Kate,

People may mistake us for twins then, as I will have a red, teary puffy face too! lol

Hubby and I both finished work last week, kids finish school this friday then we have a whole weekend of final goodbye's.

Good luck and if we don't bump into you at Heathrow we will prob see you Nov meet up.

Safe journey

Adele x