Sign in to follow this  
Guest kerjam

Things you didn't think of...

Guest kerjam

Hello everyone.

Are there any things that annoy you about Oz that you just didn't think about before you went? My relatives who live there are so positive about the place so I would like to know if there are any little niggles that they didn't mention.

Ta

Jamie

Guest Guzzler&Sas

depending on where you are ...... the flies! but small price to pay!

regs

sas

Guest Grezz

Not forgetting the mozzies too... :D

DVD's are region 4 over here (the UK is region 2), so you'll need a multi-region DVD player if you're planning on bringing any DVD's out or you'll have a large collection of shiny drinks coasters...

And Cadbury's chocolate is different over here - nowhere near as good, but if you bring any out then don't forget to declare it at customs or you'll likely get cautioned for bringing in Dairy products:wacko:.

Guest Libby1971

As Sas and Tyke say, flies, flies and more flies!

Paperwork for paperwork's sake, being slow (there is no such thing as being in a rush here which is annoying when you actually are late for something/ someone).

Oh the thing that drives me round the bend :arghh::arghh::arghh: is when you phone up, they answer the phone, ask you if you mind being put on hold and put you on old without waiting for an answer. Drives me berserk! Sooooooo rude.

Libby