IT contractors in Aus

Guest Chris_J

Guest bubbe2005
Who was your job offer with? I wonder if it was one I missed out on :-) through Robert Walters. Fair play Rustyspoon, sounds like you have a bit more experience than me. There does seem a bit of storage work at the moment, but I have no experience there really.

I don't have much storage experience myself I've only been doing Emc Avamar backup and restore jobs but that's about it.

Chris

The contract agency will take out a fee for WorkCover Insurance, Public Liability Insurance, Payroll and their cut of commission. You can work through a Management company like CXC also, this means then the agency only payroll you to CXC. In some circumstances this can work out better for you, CXC costs are tax claimable, and they do tax for you as a service. Going through CXC also assists if you want a bank loan later, as when you switch contracts, you remain with CXC listed as your employer, even though you work for different agencies and workplaces, as opposed to having different employers, if you go through the agencies direct.

Check that you are covered for the insurances for your professional liability and accidents at work via the agency. If you want to protect your income, you need income insurance separately.

k.

Guest Chris_J

Thank you, I think there is insurance and their fee is also 1.5% so I think all in 2.5. Will have to watch out for insurance though. I can't quite work out the tax I would be paying.

Id expect there fee to be much higher than 1.5%.... but thats on top of your rate, so you would only find this out if you get told by the company how much they are paying for you. See ATO website for tax brackets, they have a table there which is easy to work out your tax.