First time Christmas

flossybeth

:xmas12: With Christmas only being a week away I was thinking that there might be people out there (families or singles) who might be struggling with feeling very festive. I know for us that it's all a bit different and we're getting into the Christmasy feel especially now we have our decorations up :xmas3:.

We don't have much planned out for the day yet but I suspect it will include a trip to the beach and the barbecue. If there is anyone out there who would like to join us (a family of 5 - 2 girls aged 11 and 7, 1 boy aged 10) for any part of the day you'd be more than welcome, we're in the Lockleys area - pm for address etc.

Guest RobJ1978

thats lovely of you! we are struggling with the festive feeling and i have everything sorted.i need to make more of an effort for the kids really!

have a good one.x.

nic

I find the lead up to Christmas really lacks the atmosphere of the UK - it just doesn't seem right without the darkness, the cold, the Christmas lights, the school nativity play, carol singers everywhere etc. So it is always disappointing. This is my 9th hot Christmas and I will never get used to it.

However Christmas Day itself always turns out to be a good day, and I love New Years Eve in the hot weather. I am lucky (or unlucky!) enough to have a whole family of in-laws to spend Christmas with, but if I didn't have any family I would definitely head to the beach. We went down to Grange beach for a swim a couple of years ago on Christmas afternoon and I was surprised how busy it was, whole groups of families on the beach under their beach shelters having a good time. It's never going to be the same, so do something different. I hope you find some people to share a drink or two with!

Theres plenty of carol singing events around that start in the dark..... been at least 4 that i know of last weekend.... theres is a christmas lights map on Adelaide Now... some of them are great! The Lights of Lobethal have a loads of lights and a nativity live.

Yes its warmer but there are still ways to feel christmassy going on!