Sign in to follow this  
Guest Thinker

Bringing a Puppy back to the UK

Guest Thinker

Hi, I would like to bring a puppy dog back with me from Adelaide to the UK, any ideas on quarantine cost etc. Thank you.

Guest pickard family

If the puppy has all the vaccinations etc and rabies blood test it can stay in Adelaide for 6 months and then no need for quarantine in UK. If not will do 6 months in UK, I have done both, first 3 dogs I brought back from Greece did 6 months quarantine and it was awful, I would go and visit them alot. Scooby came 2 years this Summer and did his 6 months with a foster mum in Greece, he then flew back to the UK and was scanned for his microchip at the airport in UK and then freedom.

Cost - a hell of a lot money which ever way you do it,

Check on http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/index.htm government website for all info and I used http://www.ladyhaye.co.uk for flight back to UK, contact amanda@ladyhaye.co.uk I can't recommend them enough and believe me I spent months into research, and this company wet the extra mile.

If you need any more help you can e-mail me and I will look into this for you at this end.

Carol

Guest Thinker

Well thank you for your help I have found out that you are not allowed to bring a dog back from Australia into the UK until the dog is at least 10 months old among all the other things you mentioned, my friend was offering a puppy for my children as a present.