New Year New Adventure .......fingers crossed !

Guest The Bells

Guest The Bells

Hello everyone,

We are just starting the 457 visa process as my husband has been offered a job and they are willing to sponsor us ! Agent has said application (all going well) should take approx 3 months ( anybody with any knowledge of the 457 visa?)

So after telling our family over christmas :wideeyed:we are now trawling the site & internet for info on everything Adelaide ! We fancy the West Lakes area but open to suggestion, looking for advise from fellow families out there for help on schools, best places to stay pref within 30 mins drive of Torrens as thats where hubby will work. Our major problem is our Poodle:arghh:as rental properties dont seem to like pets. We will require a long term rental so we really want a nice 3/4 bed house with garden etc as dont want to keep moving around.

We, like so many of you guys are so excited, just want to get on the big silver bird and start our adventure.

Please drop us a line to say hello ....

Emma, Graham, Jack ....& Jerry !

Hi and Welcome to the forum!

Good luck with the visa application although it seems to be going along nicely.

With regards to your dog I would get the bal rolling ASAP as he/she will need to have a rabies test and other bloods taken. I would suggest that you look in the parent site of this one Poms in OZ as there is a thread on there on what needs to happen.

If you are selling your house I would get it on the market ASAP as some are selling quickly and others are taking months - ours being in the later category unfortunately!!

As for where to live around the area you have stated I would seriously think about a short term first off just incase you dont like the area or you find an area that you prefer more than the one you originally settled in.

Good luck with it all,

Mis

Guest The Bells
Hi and Welcome to the forum!

Good luck with the visa application although it seems to be going along nicely.

With regards to your dog I would get the bal rolling ASAP as he/she will need to have a rabies test and other bloods taken. I would suggest that you look in the parent site of this one Poms in OZ as there is a thread on there on what needs to happen.

If you are selling your house I would get it on the market ASAP as some are selling quickly and others are taking months - ours being in the later category unfortunately!!

As for where to live around the area you have stated I would seriously think about a short term first off just incase you dont like the area or you find an area that you prefer more than the one you originally settled in.

Good luck with it all,

Mis

Hi Mis.

thanks for reply. Well I actually sorted rabbies jab in November when G was over in Adelaide so he will have his suitcase packed and ready to go around 15th May !!Ha Ha

Lucky we are renting now so we are in a good position. I guess its all the Adelaide stuff we need to sort. I think your right on the accomodation front, we will have to have a few weeks of looking around before we plump for an area, the frustrating part is if we didnt have the dog we could get such a fab house !! When are you moving?

E x