Guest Jdmark

Mount barker!

Guest Jdmark

Hey guys looking closely into the property market in the Adelaide hills and value for money I've stumbled Across mount barker being a nice spot, can Anyone give Anymore information on it?

Driven through it, lots of investment going into the town because of its proximity to Adelaide - know a few people who live in Nairne which is the next town along i think. All in all a good place.

I have been up there on and off for the last 18 months it seems a nice place with everything at hand.

I would consider it myself but I love the beaches too much.

Guest Denise 42

Mount nice but 45 mins from there mount pleasant is just lovely

Some really nice places around Mt Barker and in the hills generally (we live up there ourselves). The closer towns - Crafers, Stirling etc - are an easy commute (15-20 mins to the cbd if there's a free run at the bottom of Glen Osmond Rd), and Mt Barker is roughly 45 mins to the cbd. All hills areas have either a moderate or high bushfire risk and there are some heavily wooded areas that I wouldn't choose (and areas with just one road in and out that could be easily blocked in the event of a fire). Also, as Trevor has mentioned, the hills areas aren't ideal if you want quick access to a beach. What they do offer is great countryside and plenty of small towns and townships with their own identities.