Guest Brad

Hello

Guest Brad

Hi all,

I moved here from basingstoke Hampshire 3 years ago.

Been a member on here for a year but this is my first post.

Currently here on a work sponsored 457 visa but have applied for permanent residency which is ongoing.

My fiancée is an Adelaidian and we marry later this year. We have a lovely 1 year old cocker spaniel.

I personally love it here and haven't regretted the move for a minute even though I left all my family and friends behind.

I'm an accountant so if anybody needs some help in this area or i can help in any other way then please feel free to contact me.

I'm happy to meet new people and live near Westfield Marion

Hey mate!

Happy to meet for a beer one day if you fancy...we're in Morphettville so not far away! Been here a few years now and dont regret it either!!

​Dan

Guest Brad

I did decide to become a port member this year, not sure if that will change your mind?

Guest Darjoe
    Hi all,

I moved here from basingstoke Hampshire 3 years ago.

Been a member on here for a year but this is my first post.

Currently here on a work sponsored 457 visa but have applied for permanent residency which is ongoing.

My fiancée is an Adelaidian and we marry later this year. We have a lovely 1 year old cocker spaniel.

I personally love it here and haven't regretted the move for a minute even though I left all my family and friends behind.

I'm an accountant so if anybody needs some help in this area or i can help in any other way then please feel free to contact me.

I'm happy to meet new people and live near Westfield Marion

Hi Brad,

were just at the beginning of our application, my hubby did his IELTS on Saturday and will be down as main visa applicant. He is an accountant of ten years and currently works for the government in nuclear decommissioning. Any advice re current job situation or any tips would be greatly received. We're a family of five and hoping to head to Adelaide next autumn if possible. Really keen on living in the south of Adelaide.

Thanks,

​j :-)

Guest Brad

Hi j,

I currently work in an accountancy firm and have not changed job since I arrived so not sure how much I can help.

I can tell you it was a lot easier having a job to come to and not have that hanging over me.

I've seen a number of colleagues leave whilst I've been there however and from what I hear there are jobs available at the moment in all sectors.

I live in the south of Adelaide and absolutely love it so can definitely recommend that.

As far as I'm aware all qualifications received in the uk are recognized here.

The accounting standards are not that different but I did take tax courses to get knowledge of their system but must admit I wasn't completely around the uk system.

i hope this helps a bit. Was their anything else you wanted to ask?