Bala

Banking and finance job

Hi all,

Greetings!!

I am planning to move by July end, just want to know how is the job market - banking and financial services.. any recruitment consultants in the forum, please drop in a mail, can share my cv n start the ground work.

Looking for corporate, investment and retail banking jobs.

Regards

Bala

Hi Bala. There are heaps of retail jobs at the branch level. There are a few business development manager positions, too. Most of the banks and their wealth management arm advertise for experienced financial planners but remember that Adelaide is small and all firms are competing for the same market share. As for corporate positions, you can try BankSA (owned by Westpac) however most corporate/HQ jobs for the larger firms are to be found in Sydney or Melbourne. There are some foreign banks in Adelaide, notably HSBC but they have a small presence and are located only in the CBD. Frankly, all of the banks have their own HR department and you can apply online without dealing with a recruiter but you can peruse Ranstad and Hays individual websites to check on what is available. Best of luck.

Hi Emmie,

Thanks for the info. Also can u please throw light on at what time of year generally job market activities are high. For eg during fag end dec-jan I heard not much of recruitments happen, because holidays etc, hence timing of entry is important, just give your thoughts on the same. Your response is highly appreciated.

Regards

Bala

I have found that the job market, in general, slows down between the end of November to the end of January due to Christmas and school holidays. Therefore you should start your search now. Employment within the major financial institutions requires a minimum of PR status, if you don't have it yet.

Thanks Emmie. I do have a PR just contemplating on time of entry.. Does it make sense, if I try apply before I reach OZ mentioning my time of entry.