NMB/AHPRA same thing? Register with both?

apple

Hi All, I have recently sent my AHPRA paperwork of to Adelaide for processing. I am now seeing requirement for nursing and midwifery board NMB registration on job adverts on the SA. au.gov website. Is NMB the same registration as AHPRA? The websites for AHPRA and NBA are very similar. Not sure if I have to register with both as a registered nurse.

Apologies if this a very stupid question.... My mental capacity is currently under challenge by the process of EMIGRATION !

Hi Caz, Spoke to AHPRA this morning. They said No it is not necessary to register with both bodies. You just register with AHPRA and do skills assessment with ANMAC. NMB work in combination with and set the standards and criteria for AHPRA. He said that some employers vary in what they put on their job adverts. AHPRA is the required registration.

Guest Guest12727
Hi Caz, Spoke to AHPRA this morning. They said No it is not necessary to register with both bodies. You just register with AHPRA and do skills assessment with ANMAC. NMB work in combination with and set the standards and criteria for AHPRA. He said that some employers vary in what they put on their job adverts. AHPRA is the required registration.

While AHPRA gets you registered, you still need indemnity insurance. The professional boards normally offer this if you register with them. It is worth checking out their insurance compared with getting it privately as there may be other benefits as well such as CPD.

• 1 month later...
Guest AliinAus

Hi, yes you can apply to AHPRA now, they will send a letter of eligibility (to register), you then have to present to an AHPRA office within 12 months to complete your registration. If you don't present by the 12 months you have to re-apply.