Sign in to follow this  
Guest k.minsh

nursing agencies

Guest k.minsh

Visa granted, registered with APHRA....just need a job! We plan to move to Oz early next year(or sooner if the house sells quickly)with my husband and two children. I'm a nurse working in women`s health here, but am open to other areas. I'm registered with a recruitment agency but have so far had no offers. Do they have nurse agencies over there ?Does anyone know any sites to scout for jobs? Is it worth sending of my C.V to various hospitals?

It`s a big move and would just like to know that one of us has a work opportunity soon after arriving there. My husband is a plasterer and from what I can gather the building trade is a little flat at present????

Guest Wellse

Hi, Calvary Health are worth sending your CV to/ contacting, and have a look at SA health website the have a womens and childrens hospital in north adelaide, there site will show you all vacancies within SA health. I would send your CV to the hospitals, even if they do not have anything now they might keep you on record!? good luck!

Guest davel

There are LOTS of casual jobs within Nursing in SA Health at the moment. Probably best to look at the private hospital sector or Elderly Care Homes for more permanent positions.

Guest MandiMR2

Hey there, I'm a nurse & here on my visa validation & research trip. Prior to coming I contacted the lead nurse/manager in my area of expertise at each hospital & emailed them my CV. Most of them including the Royal Adelaide, Flinders, Calvary, St. Andrews, replied directing me to SA Health website, as all vacancies are advertised on there. So if you haven't already I would recommend you register with them, it's our equivalent of NHS jobs & once you've submitted you personal expertise, skills & areas of interest etc any vacancies matching your criteria will be e-mailed to you. As mentioned above there are many casual/pool positions here at present & very few permanent vacancies. I also joined a couple of agencies NASA & Health Care Elite & haven't head anything from them since registering & the reason being the same as back home, lack of funding! agencies are only being used as a last resort. Seek.com.au is also a site used for recruitment, however it isn't updated regularly enough & many positions on there are have already been filled even when still advertised.

As for plasterers, I have no idea, but everywhere I've been in Adelaide, there are numerous building developments occurring, big & small.

Hope that helps a little?! Yes it's daunting not having a job to come to, but I'm certain I will get something when I return in Jan, even it's just casual until something permanent comes along, so I'm confident you will too.

best of luck, Mandi x