Sign in to follow this  
Guest sammie

visa dilemma

Guest sammie

:unsure:hi everyone im unsure about all these different visa u can get paul is a painter & decerator & plasterer he has no paper work to say that he is a plasterer as he has worked for hiself for 5 years we have 2 children can anyone tell us witch visa we should go for and how much do they cost cheers sam

Guest Django

Hi Sammie,

Before you think about a visa you must pass the skill assessment for the trade you will be offering. As for visa costs they can be found on this site along with other info. http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration.htm

It would seem to me that with your husband's work record it would be advisable to use an agent to help with the assessment. You have to prove that he can do what he can and with only experience and no paperwork to prove this the experience of an agent will be worth their weight in gold.

Pete

Guest soggy
    :unsure:hi everyone im unsure about all these different visa u can get paul is a painter & decerator & plasterer he has no paper work to say that he is a plasterer as he has worked for hiself for 5 years we have 2 children can anyone tell us witch visa we should go for and how much do they cost cheers sam

Has he got paperwork to say he is a painter and decorator, if so it may be wise to just forget about the plastering side of things for the skills assesment and apply as a P&D.

Simon:D

Guest jill wright

Hi Sammie

my hubbie is a baker and didn't have any thing on paper to prove this. He has 20 years experience though so took a gamble and hoped proof of his experience ie references and writing in geat detail about his trade would get him past the skills assessment with TRA and luckily it did and he got TRA recognition. However this was a couple of years ago and I think the ruling changed last September where by you hd to have paperwork and proof of being in the job for the previous two years ie if you were a qualified electrician with certificates to prove this it didn't count if you hadn't done the job for the last two years. We didn't use an agent but like Pete says with no paperwork (and espeicially since the sept '07 changes) if I were you I would use one.

Good luck with it:)

Jill

Guest sammie

hi thanks rof ur comments how much does an agency cost and do u know ov any good ones soz for spelling mistake i spelt rof instead ov for silly:)