Another meet up in Yorkshire early Feb

Guest MandiMR2

Hello All

We are from Nottingham and are returning for a 'holiday' towards the end of March. We have lived in Adelaide nearly 7 years now and would be happy to come along to your next catch up while we are over there and share our experiences. If anyone is interested just let me know.

I am not so sure about the 'sunny' ha ha I reckon after reading this story, we too might be on anti-depressants when we get back to Adelaide! :biglaugh:

http://news.uk.msn.com/penguins-are-depressed-about-the-weather-so-we-gave-them-anti-depressants

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All

We are from Nottingham and are returning for a 'holiday' towards the end of March. We have lived in Adelaide nearly 7 years now and would be happy to come along to your next catch up while we are over there and share our experiences. If anyone is interested just let me know.

I am not so sure about the 'sunny' ha ha I reckon after reading this story, we too might be on anti-depressants when we get back to Adelaide! :biglaugh:

http://news.uk.msn.com/penguins-are-depressed-about-the-weather-so-we-gave-them-anti-depressants

Hi Jessica

Great to hear from you! I thought you would welcome some rain after the hot summer your having in Adelaide? Anyway, there might be snow waiting for you when you visit in March.

It would be fab if you can come to our next meet up in March. Which Sunday would be good for you?

Helen

Hi Jessica

Great to hear from you! I thought you would welcome some rain after the hot summer your having in Adelaide? Anyway, there might be snow waiting for you when you visit in March.

It would be fab if you can come to our next meet up in March. Which Sunday would be good for you?

Helen

Hi Helen

We will definitely be packing our winter woolies for the visit that's for sure! Unfortunately all our Sundays are already booked up while we are over. At the moment in March we are free Thursday 27 March, Friday 28 March or Saturday 29 March daytime or evening if any of those dates are any good and a few dates in April. Happy to meet in Nottingham or come to Mansfield for a cup of tea/coffee and cake.

Cheers

Jessica

Hi

Saturday the 29th would be good for us to, our Sundays in March are also quite busy!! Matt works mon-fri so the 29th is a good one :-) it's my birthday on the 28th so we can celebrate (or not) me being another older!! Hopefully by this time Mandi and Leigh will have settled in a little and we will have a live Adelaide update!!!

donna

Guest Rachael M Bowen

Yes let us know a date and we'll try to get over.....hopefully it can be when the family from Adelaide are over would be good to get their perspective of life down under......and the number of shark attacks LOL :wink:

Yes let us know a date and we'll try to get over.....hopefully it can be when the family from Adelaide are over would be good to get their perspective of life down under......and the number of shark attacks LOL :wink:

Ha ha Rachael knows I'm worried to death about the sharks!!!

looks like Saturday 29th March is the best date for everyone. Let's make it 1pm in Sunny Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. I'll PM you all with my address and phone number. So far there's Hel&Lew and family, Rachael M Bowen (hoping your guys are coming?), Donnahinch with Matthew & Grace and Jessica Berry.

If anyone else wants to join us on the 29th your very welcome.

Helen

:arghh:

looks like Saturday 29th March is the best date for everyone. Let's make it 1pm in Sunny Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. I'll PM you all with my address and phone number. So far there's Hel&Lew and family, Rachael M Bowen (hoping your guys are coming?), Donnahinch with Matthew & Grace and Jessica Berry.

Helen

No!!!!! Just seen this!!!!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/witnesses-saw-fatal-shark-attack-on-diver-off-goldsmith-beach-south-of-edithburgh-on-yorke-peninsula/story-fni6uo1m-1226821301522

Helen

Thank you for organising this Helen. I will be bringing along my OH who works in IT, so all gadget related questions ask him! We are looking forward to meeting you all. I must warn you I can talk for England especially on the subject of migrating! :chatterbox:

If there is anything that people are interested in specifically just let me know. We can bring along job, house, car newspaper supplements.

Edited by Jessica Berry

Thank you for organising this Helen. I will be bringing along my OH who works in IT, so all gadget related questions ask him! We are looking forward to meeting you all. I must warn you I can talk for England especially on the subject of migrating! :chatterbox:

If there is anything that people are interested in specifically just let me know. We can bring along job, house, car newspaper supplements.

Looking forward to meeting you both on 29th March. Any local newspapers ie The Advertiser would be great if there's room in your case.

Helen

Guest Rachael M Bowen
No problem, I will bring a few Advertisers over and some other local media. I will also bring some job guide information which might be interest to your sons/yourselves.

Hi jessica if I brought along my resume and covering letter would you mind having a look over it? Please say though if this is a bit cheeky x look forward to meeting you.

Helen would you like me to make some cupcakes?x

Hi jessica if I brought along my resume and covering letter would you mind having a look over it? Please say though if this is a bit cheeky x look forward to meeting you.

I don't mind having a look. I am happy to offer some advice and guidance to the others in this area when we meet up (if it is something people are interested in, if not just tell me). If you are feeling brave Rachael we could use your resume and covering letter as an example. :idea:

Guest Rachael M Bowen
I don't mind having a look. I am happy to offer some advice and guidance to the others in this area when we meet up (if it is something people are interested in, if not just tell me). If you are feeling brave Rachael we could use your resume and covering letter as an example. :idea:

Sounds good Rachael - are they home made cupcakes? H

Jessica, sure we could use mine but be gentle lol......no any feedback would be great ....i completed a SA gov job application this week and have to answer 5 behavioural questions.……...nothing like applyng for UK jobs so any help ,tips are very welcome.

Helen ,yes they are made with my own fair hands....when i got married i made 200! Don't worry i won't make that many x

• 2 weeks later...
Jessica, sure we could use mine but be gentle lol......no any feedback would be great ....i completed a SA gov job application this week and have to answer 5 behavioural questions.……...nothing like applyng for UK jobs so any help ,tips are very welcome.

Helen ,yes they are made with my own fair hands....when i got married i made 200! Don't worry i won't make that many x

I am putting together some packs of information for you guys (for the 3 families so far), so if anyone else is coming along to the meeting and wants any particular information just let me know and I will see what I can do. You never know Rachael with this mass exodus of Nottingham you might need to bake 200 cup cakes for everyone at the meet up! :wink:

Hi Jessica

I have been in touch with Helen and am also going to the meet up with my two boys. Unfortunately my husband works most Saturdays and cannot make it. We too are part of the Nottinghamshire exodus, it must be something in the water!!

I would welcome any information you can offer as we are due to move at the end of April.

As I am not the best cook, I think I will visit the supermarket before I come for some nibbles!

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Sue

Hi Jessica

I have been in touch with Helen and am also going to the meet up with my two boys. Unfortunately my husband works most Saturdays and cannot make it. We too are part of the Nottinghamshire exodus, it must be something in the water!!

I would welcome any information you can offer as we are due to move at the end of April.

As I am not the best cook, I think I will visit the supermarket before I come for some nibbles!

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Sue

Good to hear from you. Happy to make an information pack up for you as well and share our experiences when we meet. Do you have jobs to come to?

Hi Jessica

Thank you for sorting us an information pack. No we do not have jobs to come out to, so we are constantly looking at Seek etc. I work as a Company Accountant and my husband will be looking at machine operating jobs. However, we are both realistic and we are prepared to take on anything to get us started. Again any valuable advice you can offer us will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Sue

Helen, what would you like me to bring along? And Jessica thanks for gathering info for us, much appreciated :-). Looking forward to seeing everyone

Donna

Hi Donna

Do you want to bring a cake? Rachael's bringing cupcakes and Sue's bringing nibbles.

Im really looking forward to it.

Helen

I am putting together some packs of information for you guys (for the 3 families so far), so if anyone else is coming along to the meeting and wants any particular information just let me know and I will see what I can do. You never know Rachael with this mass exodus of Nottingham you might need to bake 200 cup cakes for everyone at the meet up! :wink:

By the way Jessica there's six families coming now.

Helen

Guest Rachael M Bowen

Hi Helen,

do you have an estimated number of folks gathering at yours? and can you remind me of the time we are meeting.

thanks rach x

Hi Helen,

do you have an estimated number of folks gathering at yours? and can you remind me of the time we are meeting.

thanks rach x

Hi Rachael

There are 11 adults and 9 children (I've included yourself,OH and son).

A reminder its 1pm on 29th March.

See ya soon.

Helen