Is it just me or.......

Guest Claire-n-tel

Guest Claire-n-tel

Tel is watching an SBS2 show on at the moment, i've just read what it is about....is it just me or does this sound like a potentially bad idea?!

"The ancient discipline of kung fu meets the hardcore street culture of modern Britain as Shaolin monk and martial arts master Matthew Ahmet mentors a group of young men and women from inner city estates across the UK. They'll learn from some of the world's deadliest kung fu instructors in a bid to teach them how to avoid conflict back at home by channelling their aggression into amazing feats of inner strength and confidence"

Or alternativly teach them how to kill someone with some nifty nerve pinch or something!:err:

Guest Guest75

Look like just you as no one has replied <titter>.

Seriously.................. Ya cannot just randomly hand out deadly skills to kids.

I remember when Kung Fu became popular a few decades ago.................... never seen as many black eyes and broken limbs!!!!!:shocked::shocked:

Guest Claire-n-tel
I'm sure with the teacher being a monk,they will be taught to respect the discipline!

The 'teacher' Lily was a 22 year old guy from south london who was speaking in that i'm a white guy pretending to be a black gang member voice!.......oh dear!

Look like just you as no one has replied <titter>.

Seriously.................. Ya cannot just randomly hand out deadly skills to kids.

I remember when Kung Fu became popular a few decades ago.................... never seen as many black eyes and broken limbs!!!!!:shocked::shocked:

If taught correctly martial arts is about discipline and control .I was a bit of a nightmare as a teenager getting into trouble.As soon as i started kung fu etc it changed me.I started when i was 19 and now im 43 and still doing it.It is a great thing for kids to do as it teaches them respect for one another.

Cheers

Dean