Unhelpful Comments- Stressing me out!!

Guest The Pottertons

Guest The Pottertons
Now you see keeping it to yourself is a great idea in principle......but i've got a big gob and can't hold my own water!!!! LOL.

Plus my life is so averagely dull n boring its nice to have something to tell people about!!:dull:

We tried to keep it to ourselves but my mum has told EVERYONE- even people that we dont know!!!!!!!!!!!! Its lovely because she is so enthusiastic for us and i did try to tell her not to mention it and she said " o.k i'll keep it to myself, ive told everyone now anyway" :biglaugh:. So we get practical strangers approaching us in the supermarket/ kebeb shop etc saying " so you're off to oz then!" If we dont get Visas we'll look like complete plonkers!!:biglaugh:

Thankyou all so much for you really kind replies. I feel i have to move to Adelaide now as its obvious thats where all the decent, kind hearted and inspirational brits are!!!! Yvonne x

Guest cunnah10
Hi Gill and Family

Great to hear you are going for it. I have been following your plight and emotions since we met at the northwest meet up in January. The pressure you have all been under has been immense and I am delighted that you are all giving it a go. Keep your pecker up and hope to see you on the other side.

Thanks Mary

If nothing else i have come back much stronger!I am determined nobody going to stop me this time!

Thanks you have been so good keeping in touch(even when i was very low and didn't reply)you have given me such lovely kind words of support and that meant a lot!

Hey put house up 2 days ago - got a viewer tomorrow - probably time waster though - but you never know!!!

Can't make "meet up" but thanks for asking!

keep in touch

Gill

Guest cunnah10
I'm finding my parents a bit of struggle at the moment too, well I say parents, mainly my mum. I'm very close to my parents probably more so my mum. However since we've said we're moving to oz it's actually brought me closer to my dad. We chat a lot more now and I feel the need to give him more hugs as I know I won't be able to for much longer. As for my mum, she seems really distant. They both back us and although, obviously, will really miss us and the grand kids they can totally see our reasons for going. Dad jokes with my kids saying he can't wait to be playing with them on the beach in Oz but my mum doesn't even ask how things are going. Perhaps its purely because she's going to miss us rather than the fact she doesn't want us to go but I want to talk to her. I feel like it's a taboo subject. I'm conscious I want to be spending more time with her, making the most of our time together but recently a month passed before I saw her (she only lives a couple of miles up the road) because she was 'always busy' whenever I tried to arrange to see her or 'on her way out' if I popped up. I think it's just me obsessing about it. I know she's worried about flying because she has varicous veins but she didn't tell me, I got this information from my dad. Why does she feel she can't tell me her concerns? I think it's because she doesn't want to influence our decision.

Parents eh, who'd have them!!

Nicky

I know EXACTLY where you coming from and what you are going through!

The guilt and emotional blackmail(not always meant to hurt but the comments that come out really mess with your emotions)is horrendous to try to deal with!It is hard enough trying to get your head around the fact that you giving up your life here to start again the other side of the world!And that decision doesn't come easy for some of us when we have such strong emotional ties!

My mum was exactly the same!It broke my heart the way we aere drifting apart before we had even left for oz so i wrote her a letter(straight from the heart)!

Best thing i could have done!

Just a thought!

Gill

Guest paul_smart
We tried to keep it to ourselves but my mum has told EVERYONE- even people that we dont know!!!!!!!!!!!! Its lovely because she is so enthusiastic for us and i did try to tell her not to mention it and she said " o.k i'll keep it to myself, ive told everyone now anyway" :biglaugh:. So we get practical strangers approaching us in the supermarket/ kebeb shop etc saying " so you're off to oz then!" If we dont get Visas we'll look like complete plonkers!!:biglaugh:

Thankyou all so much for you really kind replies. I feel i have to move to Adelaide now as its obvious thats where all the decent, kind hearted and inspirational brits are!!!! Yvonne x

Nah not quite i'm not there yet LOL:biglaugh:

I know EXACTLY where you coming from and what you are going through!

The guilt and emotional blackmail(not always meant to hurt but the comments that come out really mess with your emotions)is horrendous to try to deal with!It is hard enough trying to get your head around the fact that you giving up your life here to start again the other side of the world!And that decision doesn't come easy for some of us when we have such strong emotional ties!

My mum was exactly the same!It broke my heart the way we aere drifting apart before we had even left for oz so i wrote her a letter(straight from the heart)!

Best thing i could have done!

Just a thought!

Gill

Thanks Gill. Yeah, I could write a letter. I think my mum thinks that until our bags are packed we're not going. Seeing as our visas are going to take longer to come through than we first thought what with the massive backlogs, we've decided to have a reccie in June for a couple of weeks. We're going anyway, as soon as we get our visas we're off but hopefully after we've had our reccie mum will realise that yes, we are actully very serious about it. Rightly or wrongly we've decided to leave the 3 kids with mum and dad when we go, or should I say when I ask them, as it's going to be a short fact finding stay. I'm hoping that will make them appreciate their time with the kids. Either that or they'll say thank god their going!

Guest cunnah10
Thanks Gill. Yeah, I could write a letter. I think my mum thinks that until our bags are packed we're not going. Seeing as our visas are going to take longer to come through than we first thought what with the massive backlogs, we've decided to have a reccie in June for a couple of weeks. We're going anyway, as soon as we get our visas we're off but hopefully after we've had our reccie mum will realise that yes, we are actully very serious about it. Rightly or wrongly we've decided to leave the 3 kids with mum and dad when we go, or should I say when I ask them, as it's going to be a short fact finding stay. I'm hoping that will make them appreciate their time with the kids. Either that or they'll say thank god their going!

We went out last june for a few weeks but with all 4 kids!!

We didn't have the option to leave them behind but if your happy to do that and your parents are willing to help out then go for it!You will be able to concentrate on the trip as a "fact" finding trip rather than trying to keep the kids entertained!You lucky things!

The letter writing worked for me with my mum!

Sometimes it's hard to put things into the right words when having a one to one conversation (especially if the person you are talking to starts to get moody with you)

I have always been one to write things down(tell it how it is!Right from the heart)

Anyway Good luck

Gill