Reasons for refusal?

Guest lensgirl

Guest Libby1971

Visas can be refused on different grounds. I don't know about the state sponsorship side but reasons for refusal might be that your work history cannot be backed up, a poor reference might have been given, or an employer might be contacted and they have no idea who you are.

Also, if you don't declare something on your application which immigration later find out about. So if you say, there is nothing to worry about on your criminal record and an offence from years ago comes up, then they might decline you. It is better in these situations to be totally upfront about everything.

I heard of one case where a family were approved and given their visas and then had them cancelled a couple of weeks later. I have no idea what happened in that case or why.

Libby

Guest Libby1971

It depends upon what skill you are claiming. If you are claiming to have had 5 years experience as a teacher, for example, but have only been working for 2 of those at your most recent employer then yes, they could contact the previous one to confirm you have worked for them and in what capacity.

Is this likely to be difficult for you?

Libby

Guest lensgirl

Only in the sense that i worked for the NHS previously and they archive all the HR information once you leave. I am still in contact with my old manager and im sure he would be happy to vouch for me, but he wont be able to give specific dates etc. Im only going for a 40 point occupation as an office manager, and that has only been at my recent employer. My other jobs were lower scale finance roles

Guest ben.karen
Only in the sense that i worked for the NHS previously and they archive all the HR information once you leave. I am still in contact with my old manager and im sure he would be happy to vouch for me, but he wont be able to give specific dates etc. Im only going for a 40 point occupation as an office manager, and that has only been at my recent employer. My other jobs were lower scale finance roles

Hi

I currently work for the NHS - I've had to account for working in two trusts prior to my current job, and have found that both HR departments have been great about sending appropriate letters (on headed paper etc) which give details, dates etc of my past employment. In fact, it has been easier to get these, than to get my current HR department to confirm my current employment! Some HR people can be less knowledgeable/helpful than others - they should have the information somewhere.