We Got Our Visa!!

Guest charlie brickie

Guest charlie brickie

Hi everyone, thought we'd share our good news, we got our 136 visa on Thursday!! I got the phone call at work and was so excited I couldn't keep my gob shut so now everyone knows including my boss!! We wanted to keep it quiet for a bit because we're not leaving till November and didn't want work knowing just yet but hey the news was just too good to keep to myself!! Just recovered from our hangovers and reality has now hit and trying to work out what to do first. Get our passports off for the visa first then look at putting the house on the market, not a good time I know but if it doesn't sell we've got until March 2009 to leave.

Hoping to go for the accommodation on arrival cos we're not sure where to settle. Have family in the North, friends in the south. I know this government accomodation is a bit hit and miss but we'll take our chances. If anyone has info on their experiences on this accommodation it will be gratefully received!!

We'll keep you posted on our progress and good luck to everyone else still waiting for their visa, the wait is worth it in the end!!

Tricia, Charlie (bricklayer) Charlie junior aged 10 and Georgia aged 8.

TRA approved June 2007 approx.

Application sent off August 2007.

Acknowledged November 2007.

Medicals done February 2008.

Police checks March 2008.

NO CASE OFFICER!!!

VISA 8 MAY 2008!!

Guest The Hadleys

Hi

Just wanted to say many congratulations on your visa, what a great feeling it is. Really hope you get your house sold, ours has been on the market 6 weeks, just reduced it yesterday by £20k we just want to go and start our new life.

Good luck with everything

Guest charlie brickie

Hi, thanks for your congratulations its strange when we got our news we phoned the family and forgot our news wasn't entirely good news to them. Thats why I like this site we all want the same thing!! Good luck with yours how long have you been waiting?

Tricia.

Guest mOZzy

how exciting!! congratulations!!!!!

enjoy it as long as you can ... now the real stress begins :jiggy:

but hey - last hurdle!! then we are all off to sunnier fields ;)

Guest The Hadleys
Hi, thanks for your congratulations its strange when we got our news we phoned the family and forgot our news wasn't entirely good news to them. Thats why I like this site we all want the same thing!! Good luck with yours how long have you been waiting?

Tricia.

I think its normal for your family and friends not to be pleased for you, with us our family would rather us stay here mainly because of our two girls. But yes you are right we all want the same thing on this site. Our visa was granted March 26th and really, we just want to go. My hubby is an air conditioning engineer so I don't think he will have a major problem with work. Just need a buyer for our house or get them winning numbers on the lotto tonight. I

Guest charlie brickie

Congratulations on your visa too!! 6 weeks on the market isn't very long it just seems long cos you can't wait to go!! Hopefully you'll get a buyer soon, sorry you've had to drop the price though. Just our luck really, not really a good time to go, the housing market the way it is. House prices dropping here but prices creeping up and up in Adelaide. Why did the flipping visas take so long!!

Tricia.

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi Tricia, good news , please to here another famaily through the long process?.We have just had our meds and police checks done!, for 136 visa so wont be to long behind you guys?. Our house (madness song i think?.) has been on for 4 weeks and is very slow so be patient. Atb Paul

Guest tubbycuster

Well done guys, we're still waiting on our visa, have been told should be here by end of month.

Our house has been on the market since February and we have already dropped the price by 10K. Anyone know anybody wanting to buy a 500 year old grade II listed 2 bed cottage in rural Essex, PLEASE let them know who to contact.:arghh:

Congrats again hope your house sells quickly.

Sallyann & Tim