Oaa

Guest Chelseadownunder

Guest Chelseadownunder

Have any of you guys actually done OAA. What was your experince likke?? Wre you put in a poo hole or was it okay. Is it a secure way of arriving or can they let you down. What was the area like that your were housed in? All answers appreciated

Scott:D

Guest stufi1997

Hi Scott, We were in oaa in Ingle Farm for 4 weeks last month and some of the adjectives that spring to mind are: functional, sufficient, clean, cheap, basic, terraced, paper thin walls, central(ish), and to answer the other question i have never heard of someone being let down when using the other service meet and greet, it's a seperate service which you can use even if you don't use/get OAA. Our greeter was very friendly and full of info....highly recommended.

Cheers Fiona

Guest donna T

Our OAA was in Novar Gardens and was cheap, filthy, central and very basic. A good scrub solved the worst of it and it wasn;t for long - we stayed 6 or 7 weeks until our house purchase was finalised. The kids didn't mind and the neighbours were friendly which helped our Son settle.

Guest theforrests

I would agree with the earlier posters - our oaa was basic, functional and cheap! We were in Christie Downs for about 4 weeks in late Jan/early Feb. Much as I wouldn't choose to live there - the oaa was a good base from which to explore the other suburbs (we were already 90% sold on the southern suburbs). We also used the Meet and Greet service - which I can't recommend highly enough.

cheers

Sarah

Guest Chelseadownunder

I think I am knackered on the OAA as I understand its for skilled migrants. I have got a Permanant visa via spousal visa(100). If any of you managed to get OAA in tha situation I would love to here from you. Also Lynn and others let me know how you get on on renting. I am thinking of Seaford. I know its well out but near beach and cheep. Any one with other ideas I welcome your thoughts cheers guys

Scott (Still in UK);)

Hi Lyn

Hope your well, you probably have heard of it but if not try www.realestate.com.au, you can check areas, choose a price range and how many bedrooms you want etc and then it will search, pretty much all the realestate agents advertise on it.

There is also a guy on here that advertises rental properties, not sure of website though.

Andy

Guest weesp

Hi, we seem to be hitting a brick wall, we've been on all rental sites and can't seem to get a property for 12th, ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Getting so worried, we have to let the meet and greet know 10 days before we come, we are cutting it sooooooo close.

Lynn

Guest stufi1997
Hi, we seem to be hitting a brick wall, we've been on all rental sites and can't seem to get a property for 12th, ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Getting so worried, we have to let the meet and greet know 10 days before we come, we are cutting it sooooooo close.

Lynn

have you looked at gumtree?....we got one from there....good luck