What Suburb ?

north

Hello,

We're a family of 3 in the UK and wondering what locations/suburbs we should consider looking at.  Our main priorities would be close or within about 20 mins drive of a good private school, offer generous size plots and be in a nice location - A beach location is not a priority for us.  We have a budget of about $1.25 million which I know offers us a good choice of properties, but it's difficult to know from here in the UK looking at domain what are the areas we should consider.

I know views on suburbs are all very subjective, but all views would be most welcomed at this stage.

Also, I would like to know or hear of any experience, both good and bad of some the the private schools in and around Adelaide.  Our daughter will be starting in year 7 and is in a good private school in the UK, so we want to make sure that we contact what are thought to be the best schools so our daughter can continue her education.

Thanks for all the help.

R.

Eastern (north eastern and south eastern also), in the foothills around Belair/Blackwood way perhaps or close to the CBD suburbs with that budget. 

20 minutes drive to a private school  of your preference would be more than doable then. And give you lots of options. 

My husband went to Westminster and thinks highly of it. We still attend events there and know people at the school. However, I'd not live too close by in the area but would prefer to be a bit more up in the foothills somewhere or closer to the CBD with that kind of budget as the area around the school is medium density for building and much is being sub divided and smaller blocks therefore. Could find a fab house in the foothills and be within 20 minutes drive of the school.

Have friends whose kids go to Scotch and are very happy there. Also St Johns Grammar. Have friends with kids in other schools but those are a few to start with.