Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kath_and_Ian

Didn't get OAA

Guest G'n'T

What a bummer!! Sorry to hear that :(

Do you have a back up plan? We are currently waiting to hear if we have got OAA should be within the next week but are hoping to get into Woodcroft Caravan Park if it falls through, it looks really nice there & very well priced :D

Good luck in finding somewhere :D

Tracey

Guest Kath_and_Ian

We're working on our back-up plan. In a way we're glad to be out of that limbo where we neither know nor don't know, so now we can press on and make plans.

Guest Kath_and_Ian

Plan B has miraculously appeared! Someone where I'll be working knows someone who has a house for rent! :lol: At $160 per week! :lol:

Anyone know where we can rent furniture?

Guest G'n'T

Congrats!! :D:D That all came about very quick & has worked out well for you. Sorry, can't help with furniture question but pleased you've got somewhere sorted :lol:

Guest Django

Wow you work fast. :shock: Problem solved in under 3 hours. :D:D:D My mother always says if its meant to be things will fall into place. :wink: Nice one.

Pete

Guest happy-jools

Bad luck for not getting OAA but good luck for getting the rented house. Hope all goes well.

Not sure where to rent. Hope you get some help soon.

Guest Kath_and_Ian

It gets even better - we're going to have use of a car, which saves on hire costs. And it's furnished, with all mod cons. Now, of only we can sell our house ...

Guest Django
    It gets even better - we're going to have use of a car, which saves on hire costs. And it's furnished, with all mod cons.

2.gif2.gif2.gif2.gif

Fantastic!!! I reckon you should do the lottery tomorrow :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest dglamoore

wow great turn around!!!! We did not get it either so you are not alone and funnily enough things like this always seem to come out better in the end. If this is the worst that can happen great!!

Lisa :lol:

Guest RandC

wow - fantastic - obviously meant to be . Agee with Django that you should do the lottery. Lisa's accomodation looks fantastoc - looking forward to heasring about that . Good luck

Cari x :D - bit piddled - been to pub with other lovely midland poms - if we ever get there - allow for bottle of wine for me at meet ups - :D:D:D

Sorry to hear that you did not get OAA Kath & Jim but you have bounced back with an alternative 8) congratulations

When are you hoping to leave the UK?

Good luck

Angela

Guest Kath_and_Ian

We're leaving on May 11th, my last day at work is this next Monday, still got loads to do, but am I panicking?

Only a little. :lol:

Guest G'n'T

It's a very panicky situation!!!! We leave on 16th May so not far behind you & still haven't heard if we have got OAA or not :(

Hope all works out for, you've done well with your rental & car, I hope everything else runs smoothly for you, good luck! :D

Tracey

Guest dglamoore

Tracey - have you contacted them to chase this up? I would be emailing them as thought they let you know either way 4 weeks before.

Pez - OAA is quite limited and there are no guarantees you will get it. We applied back in November and arrive tomorrow but had to sort a plan B quite quick as we did not get it either :roll:

Lisa :D