887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi friends, the immigration website says that you can only apply for 887 online so just wondering how some of us have filed paper application ????

Hi guys,im new on this forum but been reading lots of posts from u guys.

Btw just an update,I was on 489 visa and applied for 887 on the 29th August 2013. On Tuesday the 1st of October Ive been granted the 887.

I applied via paper application btw. Cheers

Congrats vulcan....!! Please let us know if you applied 887 urself or thru any agent...

Hi Natts ,

You can leave for overseas with no problemo ....make sure you inform to DIAC people on the hotline number given to all 887 ppl.

You will have no problem if during your overseas stay your file gets assigned to CO and chances of you getting PR then they will ask you to return back to AU to become OZ ..COj to get 887 you have to be in Au .

Now as you said your visa is valid till next year then you shouild be fine to travel as many time as you like . You dont even have to apply for BV A at this stage . But when you return back to country make sure you change your status . For that you have to call DIAC and inform them.

Hi PM7.. do you know, if someone is overseas and grant the visa what will be the time frame to return back to Australia? My wife & son is travelling overseas but i'm not. fyi, i'm the main applicant.

Cheers,

Hi PM7.. do you know, if someone is overseas and grant the visa what will be the time frame to return back to Australia? My wife & son is travelling overseas but i'm not. fyi, i'm the main applicant.

Cheers,

Hey krittim

Does not matter if the main applicant is in the country or outside . As it is one application all have to be in AU at the time of grant .

If you have informed to DIAC then the CO sometime gives 28 days depending on your personal circumstances .

But I can bet, you would not like to wait for 28 days may be 1 week should be something you will be looking at, is nt it ?

Guest ricky_hope1

Hi Vulcan,

I didn't got one thing. 489 only start early this yr , how come you able to apply so early for 887.

bit of puzzle for me.

Cheers

Btw just an update,I was on 489 visa and applied for 887 on the 29th August 2013. On Tuesday the 1st of October Ive been granted the 887.

Hey krittim

Does not matter if the main applicant is in the country or outside . As it is one application all have to be in AU at the time of grant .

If you have informed to DIAC then the CO sometime gives 28 days depending on your personal circumstances .

But I can bet, you would not like to wait for 28 days may be 1 week should be something you will be looking at, is nt it ?

Thanks Mate.

we have informed DIAC before they leave. I know we don't want to wait, but the funny thing is, they only left last Friday with a return date of Feb 2014 :( Based on the delay we thought it will take another couple of months to get a CO/grant.

Thanks Mate.

we have informed DIAC before they leave. I know we don't want to wait, but the funny thing is, they only left last Friday with a return date of Feb 2014 :( Based on the delay we thought it will take another couple of months to get a CO/grant.

Hey Krittim,

Did you call DIAC to inform or sent them an email? I tried calling them on my break and i had to hang up as i was on hold for long time.

Thanks

Natts

Thanks Mate.

When did you lodged your application ? Looking at current backlog and hearing stories from other freinds it will definetly take six month to finalise which is sad :sad:

Hey Krittim,

Did you call DIAC to inform or sent them an email? I tried calling them on my break and i had to hang up as i was on hold for long time.

Thanks

Natts

Hi Natts,

I went to Adelaide DIAC office last week and applied for Bridging Visa B. After couple of hours of lodging our BVB application, got a call from immi office and they advised us that we don't need BVB for overseas travel as our 475 is still valid. Immi also advised us to apply for BVA once return to Australia.

Better you visit your nearest DIAC office instead of calling them.

Cheers,

congrts bro. i also applied my visa from 487 to 887 visa in 15 august 2013 by paper application, and still waiting for my result.i hope the good news around the corner for me .

Hi Natts,

I went to Adelaide DIAC office last week and applied for Bridging Visa B. After couple of hours of lodging our BVB application, got a call from immi office and they advised us that we don't need BVB for overseas travel as our 475 is still valid. Immi also advised us to apply for BVA once return to Australia.

Cheers,

Thanks Kritim, i will visit the Adelaide DIAC office.

Thanks

Natts

hi everybody . Could anybody plz help me find the solution for my problem.

i was working in Sydney till 4 jan 2012 and moved to regional area on 6th jan 2012 in my annual leave and lived here a after then. And I resigned from regional area. But my company says that my working period ends on 9 feb 2012.may b it's due to regisnation process.

how can I prove that I left there after 4 jan 2012.

i don't want to wait one more long month.

plz share me if there is any solution for it .

thx a lot

syd

Who is Vulcan and what is lied.

i m confused. Pl share

thx

Syd1, This was the updates from vulcan today...

Guest engfarrag

Hi Vulcan,

I was just wondering how you applied by paper applicaiton while it has been canceled since February 2013. Did you mean by e-mail?? Please explain.

Guest engfarrag
Hi Natts,

Cheers,

Hi Krittim,

I haven't received my bridging visa after applying for the 887, it has been more than 2 months now. Is it the case with you as well, I mean haven't you received a bridging visa after applying for 887??

Guest engfarrag
congrts bro. i also applied my visa from 487 to 887 visa in 15 august 2013 by paper application, and still waiting for my result.i hope the good news around the corner for me .

Sorry guys, I am really keen to know what paper application you are talking about, that has been canceled since Feb 2013, did you mean applied via e-mail???

Guest engfarrag
hi everybody . Could anybody plz help me find the solution for my problem.

i was working in Sydney till 4 jan 2012 and moved to regional area on 6th jan 2012 in my annual leave and lived here a after then. And I resigned from regional area. But my company says that my working period ends on 9 feb 2012.may b it's due to regisnation process.

how can I prove that I left there after 4 jan 2012.

i don't want to wait one more long month.

plz share me if there is any solution for it .

thx a lot

syd[/quote

Hi Syd1,

If you are applying for 887, then you need to show the proof of working in a regional area for 12 months, you don't have to talk at all about living or working in Sydney, that is illegal and breaching of the visa conditions assuming that you are on a 475. I don't know what about other visa classes. But if you were supposed to live and work in a regional area, just forget that you were working or had lived in Sydney. Then just provide all the evidence of work and living in that regional area. Payslips is the best as a proof of work.

Hi Krittim,

I haven't received my bridging visa after applying for the 887, it has been more than 2 months now. Is it the case with you as well, I mean haven't you received a bridging visa after applying for 887??

Hi engfarrag,

Not actually. I received my bridging visa A immediately after I lodged my 887 application. Later on I went to DIAC office to change the bridging visa from bva to bvb; but they had refused to give me bvb as I already have a valid 475 visa until May 2014.

But you should contact with DIAC immediately advising them that you didn't receive you bridging visa.

Cheers,