887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Dear Jamal. In simple words DONT DO IT UNTIL U GET ANOTHER VISA LIKE 887. We all sick of hard life but just be patient for few more months. Regards

Hi Edie

I applied 1/7/13, I think you applied same date, any updates??

Guest southerncrossfj
Hi guys I am asking that after completing two years can I leave regional area I am not asking about moving to another state regional area,that is moving to cities which are non regional.

I am applying for 887 visa in January after fullfilling conditions of two years of living in regional area n 1 year working,as currently immigration is taking too long to grant 887 visa,what will be consequences if I make such a move,will they deny me a 887 visa even though I have completed 2 years living and 1 year working condition.

kindly suggest.thanks.

Applying 887 visa does not change your current visa status until the application is granted and you must keep obeying the condition of 475 visa which is,

8539 - While the visa holder is in Australia they cannot live, study or work outside of a regional or low growth metropolitan area. This means anywhere in Australia except in:

• Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong and the Central Coast in New South Wales

• Brisbane and the Gold Coast in Queensland

• Perth in Western Australia

• Melbourne in Victoria

• the Australian Capital Territory.

Therefore, living/working/studying outside regional area would be a breach of the condition and it could affect to your visa application if DIBP finds it.

Cheers,

Hi there

I am new in this forum and being following it for a couple of weeks now. To everyone, thank for the information provided, it has been really useful.

I am a dependent applicant and my wife applied for the visa on 12/07/2013. No news, updates or changes in my case.

Anyway, good luck to everyone and wait for the good news.

Cheers

Applying 887 visa does not change your current visa status until the application is granted and you must keep obeying the condition of 475 visa which is,

8539 - While the visa holder is in Australia they cannot live, study or work outside of a regional or low growth metropolitan area. This means anywhere in Australia except in:

• Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong and the Central Coast in New South Wales

• Brisbane and the Gold Coast in Queensland

• Perth in Western Australia

• Melbourne in Victoria

• the Australian Capital Territory.

Therefore, living/working/studying outside regional area would be a breach of the condition and it could affect to your visa application if DIBP finds it.

Cheers,

Right and if you want to make move in regional area only then you need to submit "Change in Circumstances" form 1022 to immi.

Edited by dips13

Hi guys I am asking that after completing two years can I leave regional area I am not asking about moving to another state regional area,that is moving to cities which are non regional.

I am applying for 887 visa in January after fullfilling conditions of two years of living in regional area n 1 year working,as currently immigration is taking too long to grant 887 visa,what will be consequences if I make such a move,will they deny me a 887 visa even though I have completed 2 years living and 1 year working condition.

kindly suggest.thanks.

I am also in same situation and I had been suggested by my immi agent that we have to stay in regional area till the new visa grant and our 487 visa include only to work in regional area so we can't work legally in cities untill you got 887.

Guest violetrose
Hey, just another question. If i have ti apply via email, how will i make the visa application payment?

Thanks

Yeah so at the end of Form 1276 there is a part for you to fill out payment method and your credit card or eftpos card details. If you go to Immi website there is calculator for you to estimate how much you have to pay. Look for 887 visa and you will the calculator under one of the tabs. If the amount is not enough they will contact you and let you know.

Hi there

For those of you who are little bit curious about the date your application might be granted. I have developed a statistical tool, using data provided in this forum, to forecast your likelihood of your approval date. Please note this is only an estimation made by me, not the true granted date. I only have used a small set of data (42 observations) and the model only is able to explain 64.42% of the data (64.42% of accuracy) and has a standard deviation of 11.21 (i.e. this means that numbers of days could lower or higher in 11.21 days) which is stated in the spreed-sheet.

Hope it will be useful

Here the link http://goo.gl/8Apurd

Cheers

P.D. As time goes, according to the data provided, the number of days for visa approval decrease. Hence, the model considers this situation. Now the model does not collapse.

I apologise for a mistake in the spreed-sheet to those who have already used. I did not considered 2 Standard deviation when calculating likelihood. File is updated now.

You will realise that likelihood is high, this is because standard deviation is also high. I have amended the file several times since it requires lot of work.

Considering the people who have been messing up with the file I had to lock it on. Sorry about that but I do not really want to amend the file every 10 minutes.

Hope you can understand.

Edited by CES

Do 489/487/475 visa holders need to live in their sponsoring region?

Different from the 190 visa, a 489/487/475 visa does have conditions attached specifying where the visa holder must live, work and study. Generally speaking, if your 489/487 visa is granted due to state/territory nomination, condition 8539 must be imposed. If your 489/487 visa is granted due to relative sponsorship, condition 8549 must be imposed.

A person whose visa is subject to condition 8539 is obligated to live, work and study only in an area specified as a regional or low-population growth metropolitan area of Australia.A person whose visa is subject to condition 8549 is obliged to live, work and study only in an area specified as a designated area of Australia.

Condition 8539 and 8549 only requires the visa holder to live in A regional or designated area as specified in the relevant legislative instruments, but not THE regional or designated area where you obtained the nomination or where your sponsor lives. Simply, you are free to move to any regional area or any designated area as long as the postcode relates to one of these appropriate lists.

Similarly, to satisfy the ' 2 years residence and 1 year full-time work in a specified regional area' criteria for an 887 Skilled - Regional Permanent visa, a 489/487/475 visa holder can live and work in multiple regional or designated areas for an accumulated period of time that meets the 887 visa requirement.

Although not specified in legislations, it is the Immigration Department's policy that persons granted a 489/487 visa who are in Australia and have not been living in a specified regional area, are expected to make appropriate arrangements to relocate to a specified regional area in two to three months.

For those who are granted a 489/487 visa outside of Australia, they are expected to make arrangements to establish living arrangements in a specified area within a month of arrival as they are considered to have more opportunity to make arrangements between being granted their visa and arriving in Australia.

Because of the imposed condition 8539/8549, if 489/487/475 visa holders fail to settle in a specified area within a reasonable period of time from visa grant, their 489/487 visas may be subject to cancellation under the general cancellation power, section 116, on the ground of non-compliance with visa condition.

For those people who may continue to work or reside in a non-regional area such as Sydney after the grace period to move has expired, it is more than likely the DIBP will cancel your visa if they find out.

It would only take a simple site visit by DIBP officers to your work place, or being pulled over by the police for a traffic offence to discover that you are in breach of your visa condition.

:biggrin:

Condition

8539-*‐nominated

by

a

State

or

Territory

government

REGIONAL AND LOW POPULATION GROWTH METROPOLITAN AREAS POSTCODES INCLUSIVE

NEW SOUTH WALES (Except Sydney, Newcastle, the Central Coast and Wollongong) 2311 to 2312

2328 to 2411

2420 to 2490

2536 to 2551

2575 to 2594

2618 to 2739

2787 to 2898

NORTHERN TERRITORY All postcodes within the Northern Territory

QUEENSLAND

(Except the greater Brisbane area and the Gold Coast)

4124 to 4125

4270 to 4272

4307 to 4499

4517 to 4519

4522 to 4899

SOUTH AUSTRALIA All postcodes within South Australia

TASMANIA All postcodes within Tasmania

VICTORIA

(Except Melbourne metropolitan area)

3211 to 3334

3340 to 3424

3430 to 3649

3658 to 3749

3753, 3756, 3758, 3762, 3764

3778 to 3781

3783, 3797, 3799

3810 to 3909

3921 to 3925

3945 to 3974

3981 to 3996

WESTERN AUSTRALIA

(Except Perth and surroundings areas)

6041 to 6044

6083 to 6084

6121 to 6126

6200 to 6799

Condition 8549 – sponsored by a relative Designated Area Postcodes inclusive

Australian

Capital

Territory

Entire

Territory

New

South

Wales

(except

Sydney,

Newcastle

and

Wollongong)

to

to

to

to

to

to

Northern

Territory

Entire

Territory

Queensland

(except

Brisbane

metropolitan

area)

to

to

to

to

to

to

South

Australia

Entire

State

Tasmania

Entire

State

Victoria

Entire

State

Western

Australia

Entire

State

Guest violetrose

CES, I am very impressed with your statistical calculation. I believe you are right about the latest date I will get my PR granted if they do not decide to go on leave before my daughter comes back.

CES, I am very impressed with your statistical calculation. I believe you are right about the latest date I will get my PR granted if they do not decide to go on leave before my daughter comes back.

Hi violetrose

Hopefully your PR will be granted soon, that is something I could not include in my calculation. Number of days immi will take off for Holidays.

Anyway, best wishes for you.

Guest violetrose

Hi byrash,

It is mandatory for the secondary applicant to be onshore at the time of application AND at the time the 887 visa is to be granted. However, they can leave the country in the interim. If their current substantive visa ie.475 / 489 is valid long enough to cover their travel they can travel but must be back onshore before the substantive visa expires. If not, they must obtain Bridging Visa B to allow them to return onshore on a valid visa. Bridging visa A which you will get automatically when you apply for 887 comes into effect from the time the current substantive visa expires until your 887 visa is granted but Bridging visa A is only valid for your stay onshore, once you leave the country Bridging visa A automatically terminates. So if you are overseas and your current substantive visa expires you may not be able to come back onshore on a valid visa.

Hello All

I am also a regular follower of this thread. My profile is as follows

Visa 487 to 887

Applied on 21 june 2013

Applied online

I had attached all the requisite documents

Just want to give a update that today I have been assigned CO today and got email in which he is asking for passport copy of my wife and my new born. Also asking for medicals for my new born.

But i am bit confused that in my online status it is showing that medical for all the applicants is required.

Can anybody help me in this.

Hi Dreamer,

All you need to do with all your documents is colour scan and upload, no need to certify. Only if the documents are in black and white or you are not able to colour scan but only attach photocopies, than you need to certify.

Thank you violetrose for your answer. I also understand but immi writing make confused me................// However, If anybody help me to answer below will be a help:

1. My wife who is a secondary applicant, she also did job last two years. Now I also want to show IMMI about her job reference letter, tax return etc. My question is in which section of document cheklist I can add her these documents?

2. Till I not started application. Today I sit for start but got massage that scheduled maintenance is going on. However, have to wait. Hope for the good changes in online application process. Now the question is in 887 visa application form does there any option where I can select how I want to communicate with department either email or fax? If this option not in application form then should I fill form 1193?

Thanks for your help.....

Guest merlino

CES thanks

Are you saying IMMI will be closed for a period of time in December? I assume it is business as usual except for public holidays, christmas, boxing day, new year's day. Correct me if I am wrong?

Hi violetrose

Hopefully your PR will be granted soon, that is something I could not include in my calculation. Number of days immi will take off for Holidays.

Anyway, best wishes for you.

CES thanks

Are you saying IMMI will be closed for a period of time in December? I assume it is business as usual except for public holidays, christmas, boxing day, new year's day. Correct me if I am wrong?

Hi merlino, I am not saying that IMMI will be closed for a period of time in December, I just said that if they going to take any weekday off (something that I do not know) I cannot considered it because excel does not allowed me to do so. Excel only allowed to consider weekends when doing the estimation.

I also assume what you have already stated that they will be working "... as usual except for public holidays, christmas, boxing day, new year's day."

I am unable to access my online status today...as an error keeps popping up that my TRN doesn't match my particulars....what could this be as I have tried several times.....can anybody help?

I am unable to access my online status today...as an error keeps popping up that my TRN doesn't match my particulars....what could this be as I have tried several times.....can anybody help?

Hi Rza

the system is down until sunday 9 pm.....wait until they resume the online services....which date did u applied and which country u from?

Hi Guys,

I think you guys noticed that the progress check link changed and required new registration for the applicants before 6 Dec 2013.

Also, it stated this

"Due to changes to improve our online lodgement services the Query Application Status (QAS) service will be unavailable from 6 to 18 December 2013. If you are required to provide documents for your application or a decision has been made on your application you will be notified by the department."

I cant believe this .... this bull****...!!!

Hi Guys,

I think you guys noticed that the progress check link changed and required new registration for the applicants before 6 Dec 2013.

Also, it stated this

"Due to changes to improve our online lodgement services the Query Application Status (QAS) service will be unavailable from 6 to 18 December 2013. If you are required to provide documents for your application or a decision has been made on your application you will be notified by the department."

I cant believe this .... this bull****...!!!

Yes man this is so strange .....did u create ur account.....:huh: