887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi All,

Got my grant yesterday. thought of sharing it because might be useful for others.

Applied : 24th Feb

CO : 12th July

Addition Document :

Form 80 : Submitted next day

Medical for New Born Child : Went for medical next day

Spouse Functional English : Submitted old IELTS next day, but got my spouse to do the ISLPR(Exam conducted by AMEP) to be on the safer side and uploaded the result on 26th July.

Grant : 11 August

All the best everyone else, hope everyone get the golden email ASAP.

Congtraz mate... lucky you. and thax for the information about additional docs. Did they ask Form 80 only for you or both you and wife? Co asked only my form 80. I uploaded it but not wife's 'coz he didn't ask. did you submit wife's form 80 as well?

Hi All,

Got my grant yesterday. thought of sharing it because might be useful for others.

Applied : 24th Feb

CO : 12th July

Addition Document :

Form 80 : Submitted next day

Medical for New Born Child : Went for medical next day

Spouse Functional English : Submitted old IELTS next day, but got my spouse to do the ISLPR(Exam conducted by AMEP) to be on the safer side and uploaded the result on 26th July.

Grant : 11 August

All the best everyone else, hope everyone get the golden email ASAP.

My Congratulation 887feb . Thanks again for your help. My spouse going to do ISLPR next week.

Good sign it's moving slowly.

Cheers

What does it means ISLPR??? I have submitted my husband's IELTS which is of last year.. and we have applied 887 on 3rd May..

Just wondering does everyone has to ISLPR??

Thanx

ISLPR IS International Second Language Proficiency Rating

This is done instead of IELTS when requested for spouse Functional English.

Advantage is easier than IELTS and you get the results quicker

Check TAFE SA or visit AMEP Center in TAFE SA for more details

No need to do if your spouse IELTS results is not expired

Hi I will be applying 887 this week, i search the whole forum but dint find answer to my question My question is - (1) Can I apply for 887 visa once I individually fulfill the condition of 1 yr full time work and 2 yrs stay? Or does each member has to comply with the condition of 2 yr stay before I apply for 887 visa?

Thanks in advance

Hi I will be applying 887 this week, i search the whole forum but dint find answer to my question My question is - (1) Can I apply for 887 visa once I individually fulfill the condition of 1 yr full time work and 2 yrs stay? Or does each member has to comply with the condition of 2 yr stay before I apply for 887 visa?

Thanks in advance

Only you need to satisfy the requirement of 2 years residence and 12 months of full time work. There is no minimum residency requirement that your dependents must satisfy before you can include them in your application. Each person included in your application must have complied with the condition 8539 while in Australia. You must include your dependents at the time you lodge your application as they cannot be added after the application is lodged. Your dependents cannot become eligible to apply for a subclass 887 visa in their own right given they hold a subclass 489 visa that was granted to them as your dependents i.e. while holding their current visas they can only apply if included in your application.

Hi all, i m pretty new in this forum. Can somebody plz confirm that spouse's functional english should b valid at the time of lodgement of visa or at the time of allocation of CO. As my wife's IELTS is valid until last week of Sept 2016 but we lodged our application on 11th of july.

Hi all, i m pretty new in this forum. Can somebody plz confirm that spouse's functional english should b valid at the time of lodgement of visa or at the time of allocation of CO. As my wife's IELTS is valid until last week of Sept 2016 but we lodged our application on 11th of july.

Only a CO can answer your question. We just hope that it will be allocated before it expire in Sept but based on the allocation dates, the chance is very slim. If you have Certificate of English Instruction from your spouse's Uni then i suggest attach it now. If you wanted to wait( probably your file will be allocated in Dec) the just chill and wait but if you want that it will be decided immediately when allocated, then attach an unexpired proof of english. Make sure also that you have attached form 80,1221 and 47A( for dependents). Dont provide any reason a CO will further prolong the approval of your application unless you are patient waiting. If a CO asked addtl document(s), usually they will wait another 28 working days to revisit your file again and there is a high chance that a different CO will be reviewing your file again.

Only you need to satisfy the requirement of 2 years residence and 12 months of full time work. There is no minimum residency requirement that your dependents must satisfy before you can include them in your application. Each person included in your application must have complied with the condition 8539 while in Australia. You must include your dependents at the time you lodge your application as they cannot be added after the application is lodged. Your dependents cannot become eligible to apply for a subclass 887 visa in their own right given they hold a subclass 489 visa that was granted to them as your dependents i.e. while holding their current visas they can only apply if included in your application.

Thank you very much

much appreciated and detail response

the only reason for the above question is we are expecting a baby soon

though i individually full fill the condition of 2 year staying and one year full time work,

i am still not sure what should be done next should i apply the visa this week or wait until the baby gets delivered

Only a CO can answer your question. We just hope that it will be allocated before it expire in Sept but based on the allocation dates, the chance is very slim. If you have Certificate of English Instruction from your spouse's Uni then i suggest attach it now. If you wanted to wait( probably your file will be allocated in Dec) the just chill and wait but if you want that it will be decided immediately when allocated, then attach an unexpired proof of english. Make sure also that you have attached form 80,1221 and 47A( for dependents). Dont provide any reason a CO will further prolong the approval of your application unless you are patient waiting. If a CO asked addtl document(s), usually they will wait another 28 working days to revisit your file again and there is a high chance that a different CO will be reviewing your file again.

Hi WGar,

Your assistance throughout the forum, even after you got your PR is so much appreciated.

Thank you very much

much appreciated and detail response

the only reason for the above question is we are expecting a baby soon

though i individually full fill the condition of 2 year staying and one year full time work,

i am still not sure what should be done next should i apply the visa this week or wait until the baby gets delivered

Hi 887australia...you said you have searched this forum and couldn't find anything regarding your situation?...this is next to impossible.i got my direct grant with in 28 days due to this forum.if you would had gone to june 2015 to dec 2015 pages then you would have got your answers.

i am not active on this forum but gone through recent posts and i can see that ppl are not following proper documents checklist requirements and just waiting for CO allocation.i cant understand the reason of not filling form 80 and 1221.these are mentioned in the checklist and while filling online application,these documents are asked. ppl have got straight direct grant if these documents are already attached.anyhow i am not here to criticize anybody.its their personal wish.

checklist have been discussed almost more than 100 times on this forum.but ppl are not following or care to read the old posts.

PPL are asking updates from others to get the idea/judgement of their own cases.immigration department never judges priority on this basis normally. of course date of applying is a criteria but grants is occasionally not based on this basis.

Please dont take my words in negative way.we all here for our PR application guidance.Advance apology if someone find my post disrespectful of negative.

@887australia..send me your email id via pm.i had same situation like yours i.e. baby on the way.you should apply as soon as you can.if eligible then apply this week.can guide you on how to apply ping me your email id.

Sanjeev Kathuria

Edited by sanjeevkathuria

Really appreciated for the reply. I did submitted her bachelors degree along with cert from uni that shows that she completed her degree in eng medium. Also upto grade 12 cert from school that she completed her schooling in eng med. Is those will b enough?

these are more than enough PAM2010.if you have attached these documents then you dont have to worry about English requirement for your partner.this is what is actually mentioned in the checklist.

Edited by sanjeevkathuria